°Toby x Reader°

Lmao, get a trippy chapter
——
You broke down when you saw the familiar chestnut hair boy come into your line of vision, you noticed the bright orange hue surrounding him and took a quick look at the house that was once a home second home to you, seeing that it was engulfed in bright dancing flames.

You booked it towards the boy tears streaming down your face by now. But quickly stopped when an officer stepped in front of you preventing you from seeing Tobias.

"Sorry ma'am, but you cannot be here at this moment." The officer said looking at you with a stern expression.

"If you don't let me see Tobias right fucking now, You will feel my wrath. I am beyond worried for the poor boy and no officer will stop me from seeing him" You said in anger, your stern expression beating his As you pushed past him and made your way to Toby.

You looked at toby sitting in the back of the ambulance van, with a shocked, traumatized look on his face. And quickly made your way toward the shaking, dazed boy.

You cupped your hands over his scarred face gently to get his attention, you looked up at his glazed-over eyes seeing tears slowly make their way down his face.

"Y-y/n, I don't- i-" He stumbled over his words wrapping his hands over yours and looking down at you from the backseat of the ambulance.

"It's ok tobes, you don't have to explain," You said as you let go of his face and hopped up next to him, quickly taking note of the officer making his way over to you.

"Mr.Rodgers, We're gonna need to bring you to the station right now for questioning," He said looking at Toby with an accusing look on his face.

As you cleared your throat the officer looked at you, his expression changing to one of confusion also mixing with anger, you giving him a look full of rage.

"Hey, Tobes?" You said looking at him, quickly inspecting for any injuries, noticing some bandages and a burn that almost made you throw up with how bad it was.

Toby just looked at you not saying anything, you just gave him a sorrowful look before looking back at the officer with the same hateful, wrathful look that you gave him before.

"Are you fucking blind? He doesn't need to go to the station he needs to go to a damn hospital. Do you not see the massive fucking burn on him?" You said fighting the urge to slap the shit out of the officer.

"Well, he doesn't seem to be in pain, it must not be that bad." He said trying to reason with you.

" He has C.I.P.A, and if you looked at it you would see that it had burned his nerves, so no shit he isn't in pain." You said seething with anger.

"Ok miss, please calm down and we'll get the paramedics asap." He said grabbing his radio and asking for the paramedics back at the ambulance.

You saw him walk away and talk to the other officers, and spotted paramedics walk out of the burnt house walking with firefighters trailing behind them.

You saw them quicken the paramedics quicken pace when they noticed both of you.

"I'm gonna ride with you to the hospital ok tobes?" You said looking at toby, noticing that he had put his head on your shoulder.

"Mmkay" He mumbled starting to doze off on your shoulder.

"Hey, Buddy get onto the stretcher please.'' The paramedic said giving him a softish expression and quickly looking at you.

"Are you gonna be joining him in the ride miss?" He said giving you a look that was kinda a 'who the fuck are you?' type look.

You quickly nodded following Toby and sitting in one of the built-in chairs next to the stretcher.

"Y/N?" Toby said looking at you.

You looked at him and gave a soft hum in response

"I'm sorry, but you need to wake up," toby said to you.

"Wake up"
"Wake up"
"Wake up"
"Wake up"
"WAKE UP"

You woke up in cold a cold sweat. Tears streaming down your face, ever since that night. You got nightmares, both of Lyras corpse from the accident and of the fire of the Rodgers home

————

Might make an addon chapter to this teehee