36. The Birds Part One

Start from the beginning

I gripped her chin and looked into her dilated pupils, making sure she understood every word I was about to say.

"I love you, only you. I promise you I didn't sleep with Mina, Nia. Why would I do that if I have you? You think I wanna have kids with anyone other than you?"

Now Nia had started crying, and she was trying to look away but I wasn't gonna let her.

"Why you crying? If you're gonna cry you're gonna cry in front of me, stop trying to look away."

"I'm crying cause I'm so done with this shit Chris! I hate what she puts us through, and you just let her do it!" Nia yelled, tears just streaming down her face freely at this point.

"I don't let her do anything Nia, she's insane! You know that, and I know that, so why do you keep letting her affect you?"

"Cause you're not doing anything about it!"

I felt my jaw twitch a little bit, but I had to control myself. I didn't like being yelled at, at all, and even though it was Nia I was having a hard time dealing with it.

"Lower your voice Nia."

"Kiss my ass Chris. Get the fuck out my place, go see about your baby momma." Nia pulled away from me and stormed back out the kitchen towards her bedroom.

Why was today 'Walk Away from Chris day?'

"Aye, we're gonna finish talking."

Nia shook her head. "No we're not. We're gonna go visit your baby momma and see what's up."

She was so childish for the baby momma thing, but if that would convince her that this baby wasn't mine, I didn't care at all.

I couldn't lose Nia, especially over a bitch I know I didn't fuck! I wasn't the bad guy this time.

Finally.

Nia Riley

"Call her Chris, I know you have her number still." I side eyed Chris as he drove to Mina's place. How he knew where she was, was beyond me, but I was gonna know in a few minutes.

"I talked to her before we left. That's how I know where I'm going." Chris snapped.

"Please, please, please don't get smart with me Chris. You're in the wrong! You're not allowed to have an attitude!"

He screwed up his face and looked over at me like I'd grown three titties on my forehead.

"Yes I do! I didn't sleep with Mina, and that's not my baby, so you're coming at me for nothing, and looking like an idiot."

"We'll see who looks like an idiot when you're single as hell, with this crazy bitch still trying to ruin your life." I laughed to myself and started replying to business emails to occupy my time.

I'd really had time to think about it, and even if Chris wasn't the father, I didn't know if I wanted to be with him anymore.

He obviously didn't care about me, us, enough to get rid of Mina, so I'd just get myself out of the situation.

Simple.

"What'd you say?" Chris barked out of nowhere, startling me.

"You heard me Chris."

"Yeah I did, but I must be losing my mind, cause you're not leaving me."

I left out a breath and tried not to snap. After some breaths, I grabbed my phone again and laid my head against the headboard as I scrolled through Twitter.