XVIII

TW: Major Character Death
----

Bosco and Jasmine pulled away, their breath fanning over each other's faces as they processed what they had just done. Bosco smiled as she gazed at the other girl, going in for a second kiss until gasping in pain that erupted in her chest.

Jasmine flinched and jumped back, looking down at her in concern. "Bosco? Are you alright?"

Bosco bit her lip to keep herself from crying out, her nails digging into the blanket underneath her. The chest pains she got had been happening for years now, but this was different. It had never hurt like this before. "M-My chest..." She managed to whimper out, her eyes filling with tears. "It h-hurts so much Jas..."

Jasmine looked down at Bosco's chest, slowly lifting her shirt and completely freezing. The scar that laid over the girl's heart was pulsing and glowing a dark red, cold radiating off of it. Bosco looked down at it, trying to say something before getting choked up.

"B-Bosco-" Jasmine laid a hand on her cheek, having to force herself to move into action. "What's happening?-"

Bosco felt as if her throat was closing up. She heaved in an effort to get any air into her lungs, one hand clawing at her own neck as she writhed in pain on the bed. She used her other hand to shakily point at the door. "I-Irene..." She wheezed out. "G-Get my sister..."

Her words were slurred and were followed by a bad coughing fit. Jasmine could hardly make out what she had said. The other girl shook in fear as Bosco's body started to go cold under her touch. She scrambled off the bed in a panic, not knowing what was happening. "I-I'll get your sister-" She managed to say, tears running down her own face now. "Kerri!"

Kerri jumped awake, feathers slipping from her hair as she shook her head that had been down on her desk. She turned around, and her face immediately fell when she realized what was happening. "Oh no..."

"W-Watch her, I need to-" Jasmine was interrupted by a blood curdling scream.

Bosco clawed at her chest as if trying to rip something out of it, sobbing while tears ran down her face and her body contorted in a painful way. She couldn't breathe anymore, and Jasmine and Kerri could do nothing but watch in shock as her screams quieted and her body gave one more tremble. Soon it was completely silent. The girl laid limply on the bed with her hands still at her chest.

Bosco was dead.

Jasmine shook her head, backing up and shaking heavily. "Oh my God..." She whispered before running out of the room. "Irene!"

Kerri stared at her best friend's body, tears filling her eyes. She slowly approached the bed, covering her mouth with her hand to keep herself from letting out a cry.

"I'm so sorry..." She whimpered. "I failed you..."

----

Irene couldn't hear Jasmine yelling for her. She made her way to the creek with her book of spells tucked under her arm and her eyes sparking with anger. She thought her teacher would help her. She thought Sasha would be the one she could go to when she was struggling because she was a witch with much more experience and knowledge than her. But everything Sasha said just made no sense to Irene. She was sick of playing some weird waiting game while things just got worse around her.

She was angry with not just her, but with herself. Because she was the reason why Bosco was cursed. She was the reason why Luxx was so sick. She didn't know what was going on with the creek, but she wasn't going to let it stop her from fixing things. Not this time.

Irene dropped her book into the grass, glaring at the running water of the creek through the thick mist. It hadn't been cloudy that day, but as the moon rised, dark clouds began rolling in. As if they sensed the witch's presence.