XVI

Marcia felt as if she was being watched. The corridor seemed to stretch on for miles, and there were more doors leading into different dorm rooms than usual. With every step she took, it became darker around her. The shadows stretched farther up the walls, looking as if they would reach out and grab at her any second now.

She shivered, wrapping her arms tightly around herself as she tried to find Anetra's room. She called out for her, but didn't get any response. Her voice just bounced off the walls. There was no one else around. She was alone.

At least she thought.

Lightning lit up the corridor, illuminating two girls standing side by side. Marcia immediately recognized them. Even though they looked like twisted versions of themselves.

Sugar and Spice stared at her as thunder shook the building. There was something incredibly off about them. Something that made Marcia's skin crawl. She screamed and fell back when they started to approach her, hitting her head hard on the stone floor and making everything go black.

Marcia gasped awake, sitting up in Anetra's bed with her heart pounding in her chest. Tears dotted her vision, and she turned over to snuggle against the other girl's side only to find that she wasn't there. Instead, she found herself holding onto a pillow.

She pouted a bit, looking around the room. Jax didn't move at all, Aura wasn't there, and Anetra wasn't sitting at her desk. There was only one other place she'd be at this time of night.

Marcia thought it over and hesitated for a moment before pulling herself out of the bed and slipping on her shoes. Sure she could just wait for Anetra to come back, but she wanted her now. And maybe some fresh air would help her clear her head.

She pulled Anetra's robe on instead of her own and headed out of the room. The corridor was dark and the shadows were even darker, and it reminded Marcia way too much of her dream. But she kept walking. The twins were still in the hospital. She was safe.

The air outside was just as cold as the inside of the building. Marcia shivered and pulled the robe tighter around her as she walked through the grass. The mist surrounding campus was thicker tonight, but she pressed on to find Anetra.

And she was exactly where she thought she'd be. The other girl sat amongst the graves, a worried expression on her face. Marcia tilted her head a little. "...Anetra?"

Anetra jumped a bit, turning around to look up at the smaller girl. "It's late." She said quietly. "You should be in bed."

"You aren't in bed." Marcia pointed out, walking over to sit beside her. She shivered, teeth chattering slightly. "Knew I'd find you here."

Anetra wrapped an arm around her waist, carefully pulling her into her lap so she could warm her up some more. "You were asleep when I left. Did something happen?"

Marcia laid her head against Anetra's shoulder, cuddling closer. "...I had a nightmare." She whispered quietly. "Woke up to hold onto you and you weren't there..."

Anetra frowned, her arms tightening around her. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have left you alone. Or should've at least told you where I went."

"It's okay. I have you now." Marcia fidgeted with the collar of the taller girl's shirt, trying to get impossibly closer when the cold breeze hit her. "I knew you'd be here anyways."

Marcia thought she'd be even more scared of the graveyard at this time, but Anetra's presence kept her at ease. Even then, the energy there felt different today. She didn't know what it could be, but she could sense it.

Anetra ran a hand through Marcia's hair, twirling a strand of the blonde locks around her finger. "They're scard tonight..." She said softly, staring down at the different graves.