V

Marcia managed to get through the rest of her first day of classes rather easily. Mainly because the twins weren't in any of her other classes. But that whole day she absolutely dreaded going back to her dorm room. She didn't want to be alone with the twins.

She did her best to procrastinate on going there, but as the sun set and the shadows along the stone school walls became scary, she knew she had no choice. Marcia took a deep breath, shaking as she made her way down the cold corridor with her arms wrapped tightly around herself. All she wanted to do was go to a good school. She didn't ask for this.

She mentally prepared herself to step into the room. She slowly twisted the doorknob, pushing it open as quietly as possible and looking inside. The room was dimly lit by candles and the last few rays of light from the setting sun. But she could clearly see both Sugar and Spice sitting at their desks and working on their homework.

Marcia just hoped they wouldn't notice her. Maybe if she was as silent as possible and didn't look at them, they would leave her alone and she'd be able to get some sleep that night. She closed the door quietly behind her and made her way to her dresser. Sugar and Spice didn't look at her.

But they did glance at each other. They knew she was there. And they knew what they wanted to do. But they didn't say it out loud. Instead they just gave each other a nod. A nod that said to wait.

Marcia changed into her nightgown, brushing through her hair and braiding it. She didn't risk a look at the twins as she did her nightly routine, even though it was tempting. She did her best to not make a sound either. Which meant she could hear every creek of the walls, the harsh wind that banged against the window, and even the sound of the girls' pens.

As she finished up on her hair, the twins stood up and closed their textbooks at the same time. Marcia stiffened, heart pounding in her chest. But the girls didn't make a move towards her. Instead they stayed on their sides of the room, opening their dressers so they could get ready for the night.

Marcia made sure she got into bed when their backs were turned to her. She curled up under her blankets, trying not to cry as she held her stuffed animal to her chest to comfort herself. It soon went dark in the room, Sugar and Spice having blown out the candles.

It was completely silent now. Marcia took deep breaths in an effort to calm her racing heart. She wasn't sure how long it took, but she finally felt safe enough to close her eyes and try to get some sleep.

Big mistake.

Marcia could hear movement in the room. She tried to tell herself that the twins were just getting into bed. They were just cleaning up. They were just getting their stuff together for tomorrow. But then the whispers came.

"One drop."

"No, two."

"No, one."

"Two. One for you."

"And one for you?"

"Yes."

Silence.

"...Okay. Two drops."

Marcia had no idea which twin was saying what. But suddenly there was a presence above her, sending a chill down her spine.

"Small."

"Yes. Like a doll."

"A perfect doll."

"Like us?"

"Soon."

Marcia felt her blanket being pulled away. She was frozen in fear, heart feeling like it was about to burst out of her chest at any moment. One of her arms was pulled away from her stuffed animal and the palm of her hand was opened, something sharp and cold coming into contact with the skin of it.