Twenty

The doorbell had rang and Hope rushed to the door. Jade had left 20 minutes ago and Hope was sure that even if Jade is stupid, she's not that stupid to let Josie be anywhere near here.

When the auburn haired girl opened the door, Josie rushed in and wrapped her arms around her wife. Hope didn't let a second pass as she wrapped her arms around Josie.

"Are you okay?" Hope asked as she cupped Josie's eyes and then searched through her wife's eyes. "I was worried about you."

The brown haired girl nodded, "Yeah... where's olivia? Is she okay? What about Nicolas? Anything happened to him?" Josie ranted on with questions.

Hope shook her head, "They are fine. They are upstairs with your mother. I had a run in with Jade and her mother. What did she do to you?" Hope asked as she was on the verge of tears.

"She didn't do anything. It was that ex boyfriend of yours that hit me upside my head and I fell flat unconscious." Josie says before she pointed up to the bruise above her eyebrow. "He told me something."

Hope frowned, "Whatever it is, will have to wait. We have things to get to. I want to be happy, I want us to be happy and all these things going on with ex crushes and ex lovers, it's getting out of hand. I just want to be happy."

Josie cupped Hope's face before she leaned down and placed a small and delicate kiss onto Hope's cold and lonely lips. The brown haired girl closed her eyes as their lips met. As their lips untangled, Josie pulled back and smiled softly, "I want you to be happy. I want our kids to be happy but if getting all the drama out of our lives right now is what we need to do then I guess that's what we need to do."

The shorter girl took Josie's hands in hers, "What do you know?"

Josie's smile disappeared, "I know that I wasn't ready for this all." Josie started up, "You didn't push me into this and I love our family but I can't continue lying when that's not what we are built on. Our love and our family is rare. There's nothing that can't come between us, So I want to be honest with you. I didn't want the twins right now, when I found out, I knew my life would be hard. I had doubts about Nicolas even making it because of the health issues and for a moment..." Josie looked up at Hope, "For a moment, I was thinking about running away from this all." Josie admits as the tear in her eyes matched the one in Hope's.

The shorter girl turned away, "Why are you telling me this? Why not just leave it as it was? I said I want to be happy, not doubtful."

Josie stepped up and Hope closed her eyes gently at the feeling of her wife's presence. "You don't have to be doubtful. You don't have to be any of that. I was scared to tell you because I was scared that you'll leave me, that you'll be mad over something that I'm way pass." Josie trailed off, "I love you, Hope. I loved you for what feels like forever and I want you to know that."

Hope sighed, "I still don't know why you are saying this." She whispered as she glanced over her shoulder.

"I almost lost Olivia last night. The feeling in my heart ached and I knew you would be disappointed but then my mind drifted from you and for the first time in my life... I was worried for my child. Not because of you but because of her, because she's my child." Josie cleared her throat because she wasn't sure if she was making sense. "Roman told me that I had someone to worry about. Someone that was coming to get us and I thought that maybe us being together wasn't so best if we were going to put our kids in danger."

Hope was taken back, "So, you don't want us to be together? You want a divorce? You don't want to ever see my face?" Hope blatted out as her heart stung.

"I love you, Hope, I'm in love with you. That's why when I thought that, I laughed. It must have been a joke because I couldn't ever see myself away from you. I'm basically trying to say that we have 2 others to worry about. It's not just us anymore, so don't be mad if I start making decisions for the kids over everything."