Nine

A/n: Warning

"I'm sorry, mom" Josie ran her fingers through her hair.

Caroline sighed before running her fingers through her hair, "I don't know why you are acting out like this. You are a good kid, Josie. Your mother and I love you, but you need to get yourself in check and meet us halfway here. We are trying to be the best parents we can be but that's impossible when you act like this."

Josie sighed, "I know mom, this won't happen again, I swear. It's just that I've been so caught up in my own mess that I haven't actually sat down to think about my decisions." She paused for a moment, "I will be better, I will get better."

Caroline smiled, "Good, now get your ass over to your aunt's house before your mother finds out that you weren't there."

The Forbes girl smiled and nodded, "okay, I'll text you when I get there." She says before they exchange their goodbyes and hang up.

Josie then turned over to Hope. "I guess I will see you in 6 more days."

Hope frowned, "this is so unfair. What did I do to your parents that they are punishing me too."

Josie smiled before placing her shirt over her head. "We can see each other at school after my suspension is up."

"Yeah, but your mother is going to have your cousin spy on us and then you'll be in more trouble and I don't want that for you." Hope assured before pulling Josie over to her.

Josie sighed, "you can't make my decisions, even if I wanted you too. Besides, I'm going to find a way to spend time with you."

Hope smiled softly, "cool." She paused before pulling Josie down to sit next to her. "So, you know how we have this thing going on..."

Josie's eyes widened, "that reminds me. You're my best friend now. Not that you come second to Jade because like I said before, you are number one, but Jade is a bitch, and you have been here for me a lot and I just think that it's important to announce you as my best friend now."

Hope opened her mouth to speak before frowning. The frown was off her face as soon as it came and she smiled, "Best friend. Lovely."

Josie tilted her head before using her index finger and turning Hope over to face her. "What's the matter?" She asked as she searched the girl's blue eyes.

"Nothing." Hope shook her head as she looked everywhere but Josie's eyes.

"Look at me." Josie said in a low voice as she moved more closer. "What's the matter? Did I do something wrong?"

Hope shook her head once again, "No, you didn't do anything. You never do anything."

Josie smiled softly, "Oh, so you just want a kiss?" Josie asked as she leaned in but Hope looked away. The brown haired girl immediately felt sad. "So, you don't want the kiss."

"I don't know what I want."

"But I thought that's what you wanted. Before you were all over me for a kiss and now you don't want one, I don't know about you but I'm getting confused."

Hope crossed her arms as she got up from Josie's guest room bed. "See how it feels to get mixed signals? Maybe you'll stop sending me them." Hope grabbed her things before leaving Josie's room.

Josie chewed at her bottom lip as she watched the door shut. She didn't know what was going on with the two but they were always fighting. So it was really nothing new when Hope left that door. Josie didn't think much into it.

—The basketball player just packed her bags and prepared to go over to her aunt's house.

-

"You love her?"