Five

Josie rubs her eyes as she looks over at her alarm.

It was 2 in the morning and someone was knocking at her door.

Who was it?

When she got downstairs she opened the door.

"Hope?" She asked in her raspy voice, "what the hell are you doing here? It's raining and it's really lat-"

Hope stepped forward and she pulled Josie down to her eye level, "can I kiss you?"

Josie gasped up from her sleep as she looked around her room.

Her eyes were still a little blurry and sweat dripped from her face. It was surprising because it was like 20 degrees outside and she had her window cracked open.

She got up from the bed as she was still a little hot. 

She walked over and opened up the window some more as she ran her hands through her hair. She then looked into the mirror as she looked through it. She couldn't believe it.

Dreaming about one of her friends? 

It wasn't even a family-friendly dream either. 

A knock was heard at her door, "it's open." She spat out as her breathing sped up.

She was still going crazy. 

She was in over her mind and she didn't know what she wanted. She didn't know what to do about it and she was burning up by the minute.

Her mother, Caroline, walked in and her eyes widened, "it's freezing in here." She walked over to shut the window but Josie ran and shut it.

—"NO!" She yelled, "mom I feel like I can't breathe and it's hot... it's so hot." Her chest started to close in as she placed her hand over her heart. "I can feel my heart..." Josie cried out as she dropped down with her mother catching her from hitting the floor, "it burns mom. It burns." Tears were visible in her eyes as she gasped for the air she lacked.

Caroline has seen the signs and she knew this wasn't any other panic attack that she was having.

"JOSETTE!" Caroline called as her wife came running in, "She's having another panic attack, call the doctor."

Josie sat in the hospital with her head flat on the hospital bed and her eyes flickered open.

She was alive.

Well, that was a bummer.

After all, that pain she just went through she would very much rather be seeing clouds right now.

"You're up." Her mother announced softly as she held onto her hand.

Josie’s head turned to her left in a stiff motion as she smiled at her mom, "Sadly."

"Don't say that." Her mother whispered as tears clouded her eyes, "the doctor is running a test on you. They say you aren't looking too good."

Josie scoffed playfully, "I'm looking better than ever. Have you seen me?"

Josette sniffled as she placed a small kiss on her daughter's head. "Your mother is out in the waiting room, along with Hope and Jade. They managed not to kill each other."