Chapter 8

Lucie's POV

We broke the very long staring contest with someone calling my name. We both turned to see Zabini and Malfoy "Lucie", they extended the last syllable of my name. They smiled like little kids about to ask for some candy "Can you make us that really nice thing with the vodka you did earlier?". They both held their empty cups. I laughed

"There's thirty eight different cocktails that have vodka as the base, be more specific. Do you remember the color at least?" they nodded and all four of us walked to the makeshift bar as I grabbed a near empty bottle and a shaker. These boys wanted a simple Moscow Mule (Vodka, lime juice, ginger beer). So I made them both one, and also one for myself. 

Since we all had our drinks and new found energy. We all went back to the dance floor. As my body felt warmer and my dopamine increased. I wanted many things at the same time, I wanted another drink, a hug and to dance. Matteo followed me to the bar "Luce, I think you had enough for the night. Give me that". I ran with my cup and chugged it before he could snatch it away. He rolled his eyes "I don't want to have to babysit you if you get too drunk so chill yeah? You'll be sick tomorrow". 

I smiled at him and went back to spend my energy on the dancefloor. At some point I felt a presence behind me and turn around to see some random Hufflepuff trying to dance with me. I put some distance between him and I but he was more persistent than a street vendor. He even tried to hold my wrist which rewarded him a good slap from me and a push from Matteo who appeared out of thin air. 

"Matteo" his name dripped off of my tongue like sweet sticky syrup. "Give me a hug" I wrapped my hands around his neck, inhaling his cologne that no matter what I couldn't seem to get enough off. "You smell like moonlight over a cold lake" I randomly uttered until I realized what I had just said. "Wow, I'm a genius Matteo, I need to write this down before I forget. Come with me".

"Oh, are you gonna start with your poetic shit?" I pulled him away from the dancefloor as I wondered where between the nine circles of heaven and the nine circles of hell was my notebook. I remembered that I left it in my dorm, along with all my belongings. I pulled Matteo with me to leave the party so I could immortalize proof of my ingeniosity in my notebook. We were about to walk out when someone shouted my name

"Let's all thank Lucie, without whom none of this would've been possible!" Pansy shouted, making everyone turn towards us and cheer. I thanked them all and sent flying kisses before leaving. Matteo and I finally left. I pulled him by the hand and he reluctantly followed me. 

"Luce, calm down" he watched as I danced to the music playing in my head, humming and snapping my fingers to the beat of a song that only existed in my mind. He caught up to me, pulling me into a dark corner, holding his hand over my mouth.

He stared behind us and listened as footsteps passed by, getting dangerously close, before getting safely far away from us. Neither of us moved and we continued to stare deeply at each other. Matteo removed his hand from my mouth and moved it to my waist.

"Matteo?", he nodded, silently answering to his name. "Please?", I could barely utter, the object of my desire stood in front of me, raising an eyebrow, wondering where I was getting at. "I have no poetic way to say it but please kiss me". I stared as his rose petal lips curled into the smirk I loved so much and closed my eyes so my other senses could take over and I could fully appreciate a moment I could talk about for hours.

As the bond between his lips and mine had broken. "I wish you could take that back so I could experience the feeling of kissing you for the first time over and over again". He laughed and gave me another kiss.

"You and your poetic shit Luce" which reminded me why we were here in the first place. I left the corner we were in, still holding his hand and walked silently to my house. I quickly answered the riddle before sneaking him into my room. There, I went into the bathroom, changed and showered before sitting on my bed, notebook and pen in hand while Matteo, comfortably laid next to me. 

I wrote down the pretty things I said earlier on a blank page before turning to face him. When he looked at me, even his eyes were smiling, he was mesmerizing:

"

- You know, your eyes are a trap I gladly jump in every time

- Do you just say that to every guy or is it just me?

- Don't compare yourself to these weaklings, you're a darling

- I understand that you're a poet Luce, but I still don't know where you see the beautiful things you talk about

- I see them in you

- Do you see them in me, or do you see them in the person you think I am? I'm not as good as you describe me

- When I look into your eyes, and into the whites of the mischievous look you always have on your face, the words write themselves, I am simply the messenger, you're the source of it all

- Luce? 

- Yeah?

- I don't have pretty shit to tell you, but just know that I'll do anything for you and all you have to do is ask

- You're mine

- I am, body, heart, and soul

"

He wrapped his arms around me and at that moment I fully understood how his body fit in so well with mine. We were like a two piece puzzle, we fit in so well with each one, like we were made for one another. 

In ancient Greece they believed that humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves. I always thought it was a simply, adorable myth, but this man really feels like he's my other half. 

I'm not sure how I got to love-struck so fast and so hard. It's like I've been suddenly hit by lightning, but it hit so good I'm ready to live with it even if I get scarred.