Chapter 6

Lucie's POV

I did my morning routine, had breakfast and went to class. I sat in my usual seat in potions but couldn't ignore the emptiness next to me. He wasn't here, I felt my heart being pinched, not sure why. I took my notebook out and started writing random lines and ideas, ignoring whatever the teacher was talking about. I already knew most of these things anyway. I focused on my thing when I heard the door open and the overwhelming smell of Theo's cologne and cigarettes flooded my nostrils. Not in a bad way, nor in a good way. It was like I was dunked in a pool of his perfume and I didn't particularly love it.

I looked up to see Theo coming it, with his usual tired eyes. He made a face and pinched his nose. "Lucie, I understand that you like perfume but you don't have to drown the entire class in it. It's making me feel sick!".

I stood up, offended "I'm the one who uses too much perfume? This classroom stinks of your cheap ass fucking cologne. I'm gonna fucking vomit!". His cologne wasn't cheap, it smelled like comfort and sinful desires, but I wasn't going to admit it, I'm too proud.

"Matteo and Lucie!" the teacher interrupted us, causing everyone, including us both to look at him. "As I was saying, today we were making Amortentia". I internally cursed and heard a small gasp from whoever in this classroom. Matteo looked clueless, when is he not clueless though?

Class was ending in a few minutes, I couldn't bear to stay in this classroom for a minute more, especially not after what happened. I grabbed my bag and left, walking past Matteo.

I wasn't sure where I was walking, just far away. I heard rapid footsteps getting closer. I walked faster until someone grabbed my arm. I turned around to meet Matteo once again. Without an explanation, he pulled my arm to walk with him "Follow me, I want to show you something". I didn't feel like fighting or arguing to I just followed him to the Slytherin house. There, him and I stood in front of a massive piece of stained glass. I stared at it in awe, it was stunning.

"I thought you would like it" Matteo said, awkwardly.

"Like it? Are you kidding me? I love it!". I really did, I could stare at it for hours, there's so many small details, a few "mistakes", the piece itself had so much beauty. Since the Slytherins have a piece of stained glass, I'm sure the other houses do too. I haven't seen ours but I'm really excited to. Maybe I could redraw them?

I was in my own bubble when I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned to Theo, I forgot he was there for a moment. "I shouldn't have read from your book. Pansy explained how important it was to you. It was an asshole move. I also shouldn't have called you a crazy bitch, you're the furthest thing from that".

"Thanks for your apology, I also shouldn't have hit you. I'm sorry for that". We shook hands and I smiled at him, happy that we were on good terms ahead. I took out my notebook and pen. "Thanks again but I'm gonna need to draw this, can you give me a minute?" I smiled a bit awkwardly.

"Sure" he nodded and we both sat down in front of him. I started sketching it with a pencil, it was rough but decent enough so I can redraw it, or maybe even paint it later. I finished my sketch and passed it to Matteo.

He turned to me, raising his eyebrows, silently asking if it was really okay for him. I nodded and he took it. I loved that moment, it might have seemed insignificant, maybe even for him, but it felt special to me. The silent understanding, we didn't need to use actual words.

He started at my drawing for a short time, though it felt like hours. I didn't mind.

He handed me back my notebook. "I've been wondering something", he says; I looked up at him, encouraging him to ask away. "Those thingies that you use to draw, they're from the muggles world right?". He referred to my pens. I took them out of my pencil case and showed it to him.

"Those are called pens yes, they're great and super convenient. I still don't understand why you guys are still in the Middle Ages with ink and a feather. Like please pens are amazing, you don't need to dip every minutes and they take like weeks before they run out, there's different colors. Literally the best, look, these are my favorites". I showed him all my pens and different stationary, letting him try them on the last page on my notebook. He ended up loving a fountain pen that I used for calligraphy. I packed my stuff and handed him the pen.

"You can keep it, and here are the ink cartridges, once it runs out just change it". He seemed taken aback by this action but I simply won't allow myself to let him suffer with these horrendous feathers. He took it and thanked me for it. We then walked together to lunch before sitting in our separate tables.

I started eating while talking to my friends, happy and mostly relieved to see that no one decided to bring up the incident that happened in potions. I sighed in relief and enjoyed my food. It was delicious as usual.

I finished eating and on the way to my room so I could brush my teeth I met Hermione. She pulled me aside to talk to me. I was a bit worried frankly, those talks in a corner never came with good news:

"

- Lucie I need to ask you something

- Sure go ahead

- Are you and Mattho a thing?

- No why?

- Because of what happened in potions. Do you like him or something?

- No

- Are you sure?

- I'm pretty sure, and once again, why?

- Listen, I know you and I aren't close or anything, but this guy is bad news, I mean his reputation and everything. He causes nothing but trouble and don't want that for you

- Really? I mean it's true that he has no regards for his studies and also is a prick sometimes but he's not that bad is he?

- He is, trust me

- I see what you mean, but I know him, he's nicer than he seems, oddly enough

- Alright, Lucie, you're a smart girl and I trust your judgment, but be careful alright, I would hate for you to get hurt

- Thanks for your concern Hermione, don't worry about me

- Sure then, I'll let you go on your way, but don't forget what I told you

- Noted don't worry, bye. I'll see you in class

- See you

"

To be continued