Page 8

I just stared at Nick on the screen.

"I have no idea how he snuck in, but I alerted all the guards they'll let us know if they catch him."

"Why would he be helping his daddy see an underage girl?"

"I don't know but we've got him dead to rights with this."

"It's gonna have to wait, Tyler's in labor and I'm not gonna go chasing him until Tyler and the baby are alright."

"Right. If they catch him what do you want us to do with him?"

"Stick his ass in a cell. I'll deal with him when I want. Julie make all her classes today?"

"Yes I checked for you. Also here's that back ground on Mr Walters. Also I intercepted this. You know how the entire campus has fax lines are sequential?"

"Yeah, who'd we get this time?"

"I'm not sure but it doesn't look good for whoever it was sent for." I took the paper and read over it.

'Report incomplete need more information on subject. Continue to monitor and gather information. Send next report one week, include statistics on the baby when it is born. Also include report on subject two, no report submitted prior to this transmission.' A muscle ticked in my jaw.

"I'm thinking they mean Alex and his baby but what about subject two, I thought you or Tyler."

"Tyler is an open book. Anything they want to know could be found out through the school blog."

"So it's you?"

"Most likely. But who and why do they want to know about us? Can you trace this?"

"No. They are masking the transmission. But I do have a program working on the other faxes to see if any others on campus have had the same kind of transmission received. Let me check it." He rolled to another set of computers. After a few minutes. "Sorry it's still working. It has narrowed it out of the dormitories to a staff location."

"I want to know the second you have that information. No one hears about this. I'll tell Alex."

"You got it boss." I nod and head for the nurses office. I pop in to find Tyler with a hand wrapped around Alex's who is gaping at the pain. When the contraction is passed I clear my throat. Tyler grins.

"How's my little girl doing?"

"Been an angel, as if anything else is possible. Had a bottle and a nap but has been awake for a good long time now. She'll sleep soon I bet. How are you going?"

"It hurts but it should be soon."

"Can I borrow Alex for like two seconds?"

"Yes but short, I want it kept short." I nod. Alex is shaking his hand as we step into the hall.

"He's little but damn he's got a good grip." I laugh. "What's up?" I told him about Nick and then the fax. "Given our pasts it's you and me they are looking into. Let me know if you find anything else."

"Alex." Tyler hollered.

"Yep you go on. I'm going to make my rounds." With Payton in hand we made our lunch time patrol then headed for the cafeteria. The kids were just starting to get in line when Payton and I got there. I took up my normal spot at the center column and watched the proceedings. Some of the kids came by to see Payton and ask after Tyler. I gave the same answer 'He hurts but he's doing good, we'll know more in a few hours.' I'm thinking about Nick trying to figure out where he got in when I see a hand wave in front of my face. I come back to myself and see Mike standing there.