Chapter 12

*Andrew's POV*
(At the football game)
I was so distracted the whole game because of the whole Haley and Madison thing. I don't know why but when Madison grabbed my hand I actually did hold hands with her for about a minute. I don't know why because I don't even like Madison. I was just trying to be nice and talk to her, I never meant for us to hold hands. I'm such an idiot. I just got dumped by my best friend. What have I done? I asked myself.

"You okay bro?" Asked Hayes. "Yea just kind of distracted. Me and Haley broke up today," I said not wanting to talk about it but knowing I would have to. "Oh my gosh, why? I thought you and Haley were fine?" Said Hayes. I then explained everything that happened at the mall. "Sorry to say this, but you messed up by holding her hand dude." said Hayes. "You think I don't know that?" I said sarcastically. "What should I do? I love Haley and I want to get back together with her. She's my best friend." I asked. "Well you could just try to explain everything to her this time. Maybe she'll understand. She's probably just upset because it was Madison. They obviously don't like each other." Responded Hayes. "Yea I agree. I'll talk to her after the game. thanks bro," I said. "no problem," Hayes responded.

*Haley's POV*
"Haley are you okay? You're not acting like you normally do..." Said Shawn. "Yea umm I'm fine just kind of upset." I said knowing Shawn would ask what's wrong even though I didn't want to tell him. "What's wrong?" Asked Shawn. great. I explained the whole break up story to Shawn and he seemed really surprised. "wow I never thought Andrew would do that. I thought he didn't like Madison," said Shawn. "I didn't think he did either," I replied. "Well are you guys going to get back together?" Asked Shawn. "I mean I want to but I am kind of upset about what he did. I don't even know if he wants to get back together," I responded. "Well if she doesn't, trust me, it's his loss." said Shawn hugging me from the side. "Thanks Shawn." I said hugging him back. "Well the game's over, lets go." He said walking down the bleachers. We got to the bottom of the bleachers and stood around for a few minutes waiting for Hannah. While we were waiting the football players came out of the locker room to go home. Hayes walked over to us and said hey, then Andrew, of course, came walking out direction...

*Andrew's POV*
I was so nervous to talk to Haley because I was afraid she would still be mad at me, but I knew I had to. "Hey Haley, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked her. She didn't say anything, just walked over to me. We walked away from the guys so I could talk to her alone. "Listen Haley I'm so sorry for what I did I don't know what I was thinking holding her hand. Please forgive me you know I don't like Madison!" I said nervously waiting for her reply. "Andrew, I want to forgive you but I just can't right away. I mean you did cheat on me Andrew. You went out to eat and held hands with another girl. I'm still upset about that. Do you want to just wait awhile before we get back together so soon?" She replied. "I guess.. I mean if it's what you want," I responded. "Okay well thanks for understanding," she said hugging me then walking away.

*Haley's POV*
(In Jack's car)
"So what happened? Are you guys back together?" Hannah asked. "No I told him I didn't want to get back together yet because I was still upset with him for cheating on me with Madison. When I told him that he didn't seem like he even cared that I didn't want to get back together with him," I said. "Well um, now may not be a good time, but you might want to look at this." Said Hannah showing me her phone. I looked at the screen and it was a picture of Andrew, Madison, and Hayes in Nash's car with Andrew and Madison holding hands. "Are you kidding me!?" I said angrily. Even though me and Andrew aren't together now we were planning on getting back together soon. Has he liked Madison this whole time? I was still looking at the picture when I noticed that Andrew was the one that posted it. I looked at the caption and it said "love her.😍💘"
At this point I was crying because Andrew obviously likes Madison and has been lying to me about hating her.
"Why would he do this to me?" I asked Hannah. "Because he's stupid. He didn't realize what he had when he had it. Believe me Haley, it's his loss not yours." Hannah said. "Thanks," I said still crying some.

When we got home we saw the police cars outside of our house. We already knew they would be coming to see if the guy showed up tonight. But it's 8:30 at night and they were supposed to only be here from around 5-6 p.m. If they're still here that means something happened...