Chapter 8

*Madison's POV* (Wednesday afternoon- after cheer practice)

I'm so glad I made the cheer team! Hannah and Haley really helped a lot. I'm really happy right now about the cheer thing, but I'm also upset because me and Luke broke up today. I'll be okay. I guess. I really don't know.. Does it get any better? I feel really horrible right now and I don't have anyone to talk to so I called Hannah.
Phone Call: (M-Madison H-Hannah)
H: Hello?
M: Hey Hannah it's Madison.
H: Oh hey Madison! You okay? You sound kind of upset..
M: Um I kind of need to talk to you about something. Would it be okay with you if I came over and we talked in person?
H: Of course! I'll just have to make sure it's okay with Jack first.
M: okay.
A few seconds later:
H: He said it's fine. You can come over whenever you want.
M: Thanks Hannah! I'm on my way.
End of phone call.
Since I am single now, I secretly hoped that Jack's friends were over because they're really cute! Especially Carter. But I don't think they see me like that... Oh well I'll have to find out myself.

*Jack G.'s POV*
When Hannah asked if Madison could come over cause she was upset I felt like I had to say yes because Madison was feeling bad. I really wanted to say no though because Carter was here and he doesn't like Madison. He thinks that she's the kind of girl to just use guys because of rumors he's heard. I can see where he thinks that because I saw how she was acting around Andrew at the party. I don't know if she was trying to be nice or what but I don't think Andrew liked her doing that. She hasn't really done anything to me though and I think she's kind of pretty, and she seems really nice.

"Hey Carter. Madison is coming over." I said. "Ugh really?" Responded Carter. "Yea. Why don't you like her though?" I said already knowing the answer. "Well I don't know. I'll try to be nice to her since I don't really know her and she seems nice. It's just the rumors I've heard about her..." he said. "Yea same here. Let's just try to be nice since she's friends with Hannah and Haley and we'll probably see her a lot." I said.

*Hannah's POV*
Madison came over and told me that her and Luke has broke up earlier today at school. I felt really bad for her until she told me she liked Carter. First of all Carter doesn't even know her well enough to go out with her and second, why is she already looking for a boyfriend the day Luke broke up with her. Maybe the rumors are true about her jumping from guy to guy just to get something out of them.

Since we had a football game tonight Madison wore her cheer uniform to my house and brought her cheer bag with her too. I changed into my uniform and Madison helped me do my hair. "So do you think Carter even likes me?" Madison asked. "I don't know.. Carter won't tell anyone if he likes a girl because he's afraid all the guys will laugh at him or embarrass him in front of her." I responded. That was true, except for the I don't know part. I do know that Carter doesn't like Madison because of the rumors he's heard. "Oh. Well the game starts in 30 minutes we should probably get going. Can I ride with you?" Asked Madison. "Shawn is actually driving me and Haley to the game but you can ride with us." I said hoping Shawn was okay with her coming too.

*Haley's POV*
(At the football game)
Before the game started my stunt group which consisted of me, Morgan, Caitlin, and Madison decided to practice stunts this was Madison's first time doing them with us. I was the flyer, Madison and Morgan were the bases, and Caitlin was the back spot. We practiced doing regular stunts then decided to try to do an extension where the two bases hold you all the way up. We did that twice and showed coach Sloan and she said that we would be able to do that while we were cheering during the game.

During the game we were getting ready to perform one of our cheers in the middle of the field during halftime. "Haley are you comfortable doing an extension tonight?" Asked Coach Sloan. "I think so. We practiced and did it pretty good." I responded. "Well since you're comfortable doing it then we'll try it out tonight. It's time to perform, good luck girls!" Said coach Sloan.

Even though we practiced this earlier I was a slight bit nervous for the stunt. When we got to the part in our routine with the stunt, Madison and Morgan lifted me up like usual and everything was fine. Then we counted off for them to bring me higher. "1..2.. ready, go!" Called Morgan to where only us 4 could hear. I felt myself being lifted higher on my right side than my left and got scared. I looked down and saw that my right leg was being held up by Morgan and Madison had my left leg and wasn't lifting me up into an extension. It's hard to stay balanced in an extension but it's even harder when one of your bases isn't lifting you up. Before I knew it I could no long stay balanced and I had fallen onto the ground. I felt so much pain and I couldn't stand up. I don't even know what to do but cry because I'm in so much pain and I can't help myself..