Dentists

They finally left the old dusty room after arguing about Draco's villainy. Draco had assured her he was very much despicable but Hermione debated against it. The discussion had finally ceased when they were taken by coughing fits and sneezing.

"I can't-" Hermione had coughed, "Breath!"

"Let's get out of here," Draco had said before sneezing about five times.

With watery eyes and tingling nostrils they had fled the old library.

Now Draco was leading her back up the corridor to the sitting room. Hermione kept wiping her eyes with her hand, she had awful allergies. He grabbed a box of tissues for Hermione.

"Draco, you have to somehow clean that library."

"I told you, I tried and almost died doing it,"

"Doesn't matter. You have to try again. Otherwise it's a safety hazard-" She sneezed.

"Here," He handed her a tissue.

"Thank you."

"I could just, you know, keep it all shut up and never worry about it again," Draco suggested.

"Don't you dare!"Hermione commanded.

"Why? There's nothing important in-"

"Books!" Hermione almost shouted then sneezed.

Draco handed her another tissue, "They're just books."

"Just books? Just books!" She cried out incredulously.

"Yes..." Draco agreed nervously.

"They are so much more then just ink and paper bound together! They hold knowledge. Knowledge and learning leads to innovation. Generations of people could learn and do so much with a library like yours. A library with hundreds of books. Not just normal books too, but they're wizarding books!" Hermione paused to sneeze.

Draco handed her the entire box, knowing she would probably need them.

She blew her nose then continued, "Wizarding books seem so rare to me. To you they're all the books that exist, but to me they're special. I wasn't raised a witch. My parents are dentists for heavens sake! I didn't know you -wizards and witches- were real. So I suppose that's what makes your library so important. You can't lock away a fountain of knowledge which others have no idea about. You can't."

Draco nodded, "I suppose you're right."

"Of course I'm right."

"Question though," Draco puzzled, "What are dentists?"

"Dentists?" Hermione was taken by surprise.

"Yes," Draco asked seriously, he looked concerned, "I've never heard of it before. Is it a disease?"

Hermione guffawed at his serious expression, "No, it's a type of job. They clean people's teeth."

"What?" Draco looked slightly horrified at the thought of people cleaning teeth.

"Yes. They clean teeth. It's a really worthy profession in the muggle world. Everyone, almost all muggles, have a dentist they go to," Hermione tried to explain.

"But-but do they actually put- put their hands into other people's mouths?" Draco sputtered.

"Yes."

Draco looked shocked and rather sick, "That is disgusting."

"Not really. Just tastes sorta rubbery. It's just different," Hermione said.

Draco groaned, "How did you bare it?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, "Look, tell you what, I'll bring you a book about dentists if you let me pick a book from your library, when I come and help you clean it."

Draco's head popped up, "You're coming back to help me?"

"I doubt you would be able to clean that room on your own. So what do you say?"

Draco was stunned for a second then grinned, "I would love it!"

"Great," Hermione said, she was enjoying Draco's company, "I'm getting you a book full of pictures. I'm thinking of this one picture that you'll absolutely love!"

"Oh, pictures are good. I can't stand reading without pictures," Draco said. He was grinning ear to ear.

"Oh yes, this one is of my dad pulling a molar out," Hermione smiled watching Draco's ecstatic face slowly fall.

"There was blood just pouring out of this guys mouth," Hermione continued to describe the picture, watching Draco cringe.

"And the molar and gum were hanging-"

"Stop! Please no more," Draco interrupted squirming.

"You sure? It was a really cool pic-"

"Yes! I'm good," Draco said quickly trying to forget the awful dentists.

"Well, you'll see it when I bring the book; if that still's OK?" Hermione asked.

"Of course . . . Although if you forget the book about dentists, I'll be fine," Draco suggested.

Hermione gave a sudden sigh, "Well I don't know."

"What? Why?"

"Well I only wanted to come back to give you the book. If you don't want it. . ." Hermione shrugged wistfully.

Draco consented with a huff, "Fine, bring the book!"

Hermione smiled devilishly, "Oh, I will."

Sorry this was so short!

Only a few more chapters left.... :'(