Bliss

Hermione wondered in a happy daze around Diagon Alley.

She was absolutely on top of the world. Her happiness could not be crushed. She could almost skip about the street.

She had just gotten back from Australia. Ron, Harry, and Hermione had all gone. They had found her parents at a cafe, oblivious to their only daughter. Hermione's mind charm had been working well. She then unwove her spell and her parents memory was returned. And then the reunion!

Hermione sighed remembering her parents confusion turn to delight. But that was not the only reason for her joy. She paused at a store front window. She looked at herself in the glass. She was the same fizzy haired witch she had always been, but now on her finger was a golden ring.

In Australia, Hermione's parents had treated them all to a huge dinner party in celebration. After the party, Ron had took her by the hand and lead her out onto the building's balcony. The sun was setting against the horizon creating a mirage of shimmering colors in the sky, She had whispered, "It's beautiful".

Ron had hugged her from behind and said, "The only thing that beats that is what I'm hold in my arms."

Ron, oh Ron, sweet, dear, beautiful, Ron. They had stared out into the evening for awhile then Ron had turned her around. He had knelt. He told her that he loved her and that he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. He asked her to marry him.

She had gasped and spurted a tearful and happy 'Yes'.

She laughed at the memory of Ron asking her parents permission. Of how her father had said "No" jokingly and how Ron had turned white with fear until her father had laughed and hugged him and welcomed him to the family.

"Miss Granger, are you alright?" A friendly storekeeper asked.

Hermione quieted her laugh and smiled sweetly at the witch, "Oh yes, just remembering fond times."

"Good, good! Well if you need to be buying any cauldrons of any sort you come to my shop and I'll give you a discount!"

"That's very kind of you, thank you," Hermione said as the witch waved and went back into her store.

She kept forgetting that she was famous. She wasn't just a clever Hogwarts student anymore. She was the witch that had stuck to the great Harry Potter's side. She had fought in the Battle of Hogwarts which had over thrown the Dark Lord. Wizards and witches knew her by name and recognized her face. It was even rumored that she and Ron would be on Chocolate Frog cards- one of the highest accomplishments in Ron's mind.

She grinned at the thought of Ron finding his picture on a Chocolate Frog Card. He'd freak and then paste the little card into a huge frame and mount it over the fireplace and keep it forever in their home. Their home. Together.

Hermione swooned and did a twirl into the street. She skipped down the brick road. She didn't care if the wizarding world saw her. She and Ron were going to be married. And that was all she cared about.

She entered a candy store called Greengrass Goodies, hoping to buy herself a Chocolate Frog- just to see. It was like a regular muggle candy shop with a counter with glass shelves and walls of jars filled with candy. The only differences was in this wizard shop the candy changed colors and moved- some even jumped. The other difference was that no one was inside.

Hermione walked up to the counter and rang the bell.

"Hello? Anyone here? I just wanted to pick up a Chocolate Frog," Hermione called to the back of the store.

A noise came from behind the door leading to the back as if something fell. Hermione took a few hestitant steps towards the door, "You alright? Need help?"

The noise of clattering came again. Hermione was about to go through when the door swung open. Draco Malfoy stumbled out carrying several boxes of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean.

Hermione stepped back, she hadn't seen Draco since the Battle of Hogwarts, "Draco Malfoy?"

Draco straightened and placed the boxes on the counter. He was wearing an overly large sweater and muggle jeans over them he had a white apron that read: Sweets Our My Treats.

"Granger," He said softly looking at the boxes on the counter not meeting her eyes.

"Hello," Hermione said hesitantly.

"Hello," He repeated still not looking at her. An awkward pause spread about the room.

"I ought to be going now," She said breaking the silence while inching towards the door.

"Wait!" Draco called almost desperately, she paused turning towards him. He looked her in the eyes, "You said you wanted a Chocolate Frog. Have one, it's free." He pointed to a basket by the door. A sign by it read: Free Samples. Hermione walked to it and peeked inside. There was one Chocolate Frog package left.

Hermione glanced back at Draco but he was unpacking the beans ignoring her. She wondered if it was some kind of trick. It seemed harmless.

She reached her hand into the basket and touched the box. Nothing happened. She picked it up and glanced back at Draco. He was smirking down at his beans he was unpacking.

"Uh- Thanks- yeah. Thanks," Hermione said feeling embarrassed for not trusting him.

"Hermione, I'm not all bad," Draco said.

She nodded not knowing what to say. She backed out of the store wanting to get away from his accusing eyes. Once out of the store she walked hurried away.

Feeling safer a few stores away, she smiled at the package, just maybe Ron's face would appear. She opened the package. The frog jumped out. She caught it and then...

Disappeared.

Hermione Granger was gone.