To Tea

Hermione appeared in a dark room. The Chocolate Frog jump out of her hands while she was stunned. When she regained her composure, she ran to the high arch windows and pulled back the heavy curtains. Light streamed into the parlor. Hermione blinked. She was in a large parlor with high ceilings and old peeling wallpaper, like a very old Victorian sitting room that was falling to shambles.

She tried to disapparate. It didn't work. She went to the nearest wall. There was a huge frame propped against the wall, it's backing falling out. A thick layer of dust coated it. Hermione wiped line of dust away. Underneath was the angular face of Lucius Malfoy. Hermione jumped back.

The painting spoke, "Finally! What took so long?!  No one as come to clean my-," He caught sight of Hermione, "You filthy little girl! Get your hands off me! You imbecile- Mudblood!"

Still shrieking, he stormed off the canvas. Hermione sighed with relief that he was gone. If that was a Malfoy portrait than she must be in the Malfoy manor.

The Malfoys. Draco Malfoy.  

When she got her hands on Draco- she brought her wand from her pocket. "You dirty little, no good-," she said some unpleasant things about Draco. 

She felt along the wall until she found a door nob.  The door hinges creaked loudly as she stepped out of the dusty parlor. She was in in a cold dark hallway lined with wooden panels. To the right led into a dark corridor to the left  led into what looked like a sunny room. She walked towards the lighted room.

The hallway opened into a sitting room, this room seemed to be used at least. There was some lounge chairs in the center and a tea set was lying on a table near.

She went to the tea table. The water was hot as steam rose form its spout. Someone was getting ready to take tea. They would probably be back in a moment.

"Hello Hermione."

She spun around, wand in hand, "Inpedime-"

"Expelliarmus!"

Hermione's wand flew out her hand into Draco's out stretched one. Draco lowered his wand hand, "I'm sorry."

Hermione backed away from him, confused. He didn't seem to be threatening her, but he did have her wand. 

"I'm sorry I took your wand. I just thought you'd kill me if you had it," Draco said quietly. He held both the wands clenched in one hand. He nervously tapped them against his leg.

"Well, I'd like it back now," Hermione said coldly as she held out her hand for it and glared.

"Ah, ha," Draco laughed nervously, "I'd like to give it back to you but you would probably still kill me."

"Draco Malfoy-" Hermione began to raise her voice.

"OK!" He interrupted sounding desperate, "Look, I'll give this back to you if you have tea with me," He spoke quickly as if she would disappear in any moment, "I'll explain everything. I just want to talk to you."

"Are you joking?" Hermione said angrily, "You can't be serious?"

"Look, see, your wand," he held up her wand, "For tea with me. Please, Miss Granger?"

Hermione was so confused. She was baffled by Draco's politeness and clear desperation to simply talk with her. She paused for a moment then asked sincerely, "What are you doing Malfoy?" 

"I want to talk to you," His voice pleaded.

Hermione pursed her lips, "Fine."

Relief flooded Draco's face. He smiled,a real smile, and strode confidently over to her. Hermione took a few startled paces back. Draco stopped not wanting to scare her. His smile was gone replaced by a sort of sadness. He shifted on his feet nervously. He held out Hermione's wand to her, "Here."

She studied him closely then walked up to him and took her wand. Draco gestured for the chairs, "Let's have tea."