New person stuck in an old shell ❤︎︎

POV: Brooklyn"Maybe, forever was a word meant for memories and not people

POV: Brooklyn
"Maybe, forever was a word meant for memories and not people."

Italy is not how I remembered it.

As I walk the narrow streets of Italy, the local bakeries don't give off the same aroma, the smell of coffee nearby is non-existent, and there are no tourists in sight.

Everyone looks like they know where they're going.

Except me.

Being here feels like I'm walking in a shell of my old self, except I'm not the same person anymore, and internally, I'm banging my hands against the wall of the old shell I've outgrown, begging for someone to hear my cries.

I walk slowly to the doors of La Dolce Vita, the bakery where my friends and I used to spend our
mornings, but it's just not the same anymore.

Nothing is the same with him.

"Ahh, mio cliente preferito!" yelled Ricardo over the shelf filled with delicious pastries.

"Ricardo!" I yelled back as I walked behind the counter to give him a hug.

Ricardo is the owner of the bakery, and on busy days he called me to help out.

"How are you doing?" he asked as he attended to a customer's coffee.

"I'm doing well," I lied as I took a seat near the bakery's window.

My order was always the same.

cannoli and a caffe mocha, with extra syrup, of course.

I sipped my coffee and looked out the window, observing the passersby until my heart nearly stopped.

I started to bang on the glass like a madman, attracting side-eyes from people outside and inside the café.

"Brooklyn!" my best friend, Ava, exclaimed as she pushed past people in the street to get into the café.

"Ava!" I yelled back as I got out of my seat to greet her; I may or may not have been ignoring her texts since she left.

If things ever got tense between me and him, Ava kind of served as a bridge, making sure we both understood the other's POV.

That's why I didn't answer her calls; I knew she would try to reason with him about what happened, but after what he did, I could never see myself ever forgiving him.

"Then why you're here," I hear a voice in my head whisper, but I quickly shake it away.

"I thought you had outgrown Italy; it's nice to see you," she said as she threw her arms around my shoulder to engulf me in a hug.

She doesn't mention me ignoring her, and I'm thankful.

"No, I'm back," I replied as I walked back towards my table.

Ava followed along, taking the chair across from me and signaling a waiter to bring the small cupcake and tea she always gets.

"Well, that's nice, you know, after what happened to Valentino's family," she said as she threw the hair on her shoulder back.

I paused at the mention of Valentino's family. I knew he hated his dad, but if anything ever happened to his mom...

"What do you mean?" I asked, settling down my cannoli.

"Oh, well, his father is past."

"You know, when I think about it... there are actually having the funeral today," she said slowly.

My heart dropped.

"Valentino," I whispered.

____________________________________
A/N: AHHHH I can't wait to write the next part 😭😭