1

It's been almost a day since you pulled your best friend in the whole world off of the rock that had sunk right through him. The burial took hours upon hours of digging with your hands, now excruciatingly raw from digging only a half decent grave. You supported his lulling head as you brought him down into the grave. Tears and sobs were easy to come by as you started to cover him with soil. After hours upon hours of work, you were tempted to pull him out of the resting place you'd given him, have him wake up tell you it was just a fluke, a joke, a miracle of life, anything.

But you didn't, you couldn't deny what you'd seen. You placed a rock atop of his buried body that you scratched up, weakly carving his name into the stone and saying a few words.

All you could do was lie next to the grave, staring blankly at the stone solemnly, until a strange voice could be heard from behind you.

"Hello? You there? Are you okay?" You perked up as your eyes quickly grazed along the perimeter, only to land on a flow standing upright and a little face. It hadn't been there before.

"Hello." You greeted hesitantly, unsure if you were having a mental break or not.

"Come closer." It said happily. You carefully took a few steps until the light from above shone down on you. "Ah, there you are! Isn't that better than being on the ground?" You frowned at the peculiar flower. "You're not from here are you?"

You tilted head away but still kept your gaze on the flower. "Where is 'here'?" The question was skeptical as you eyed the joyful flower.

"You're underground silly!" It giggled. "Well, I'm Flowey the flower, it's nice to see a new face!"

You smiled warily at the little flower. "My name is Y/n"

"Y'know that's a great name! But it should go with a happy face. What's wrong?" It asked, a little too eagerly.

Open up to Flowey?

[Yes] [No*]

"It's awful nice of you to ask but I don't really want to talk about it."

"Oh... well... okay..." He looked away with a strained smile. He suddenly shook it off and grinned wider. "Hey if you don't want to say anything I won't pry."

You were about to speak but it quickly cut you off. "Anyway! Since you're new, you'll need to know how things work around here." It cheered, wiggling its body. "Down here underground you'll need a lot of LV, that stands for LOVE of course! And it'll make your soul stronger!"

Suddenly, a few white flower seeds floated above his head. Everything was happening so fast. "W-Wait—?"

"These here are friendliness pellets! The more you get, the more LOVE you receive! So move around and grab as many as you can!"

You probably would've went to grab them if he weren't so eager when talking about his friendliness pellets. Plus, white seeds? No thanks! Can't even handle the amount of gross thoughts and innuendos that are are being fertilized by th- ugh... you know what, never mind.

As they came forwards you stepped out of their way and they flew right past.

Flowey's smile stayed but his eyes looked like they were not too impressed. "Oh... you missed... well that's okay, we can just try again!" His smile went back to normal as more seed like things flew at you, you dodged them once again.

His face puffed, turning red as his voice became harsh. "Is this a joke? Are you braindead?! Take the damn BULLETS!!"

You stepped back as your heart missed a beat. "...Bullets?"

His eyes widened at his mistake before he hurriedly smiled again. "I mean friendliness pellets!" They flew towards you, but this time, far faster.

It was obvious now you couldn't trust this flower. So instead of dodging you took out your ukulele, wound up, and cracked one straight back at him, sinking into his eye as you sprinted away.

He screeched in a demonically, putting a fire under your ass as you ran faster. "Oh fuck, oh shit, oh shit!" You peered over your shoulder only to see the same haunting vines that wrapped around Ikes ankle flying towards you.

Just as a fresh terror flushed through you, you bumped straight into something squishy but firm footed, knocking you back. Staring up, there was a goat-like woman standing before you. You froze looking behind you then to her with a pleading look gripping tighter on your tiny uke tightly in your hands.

Her stare intensified to a glare, fire swam around her as her gaze snapped forwards. Orbs of the flaming energy materialized then flew towards to hellish vines in a powerful, furious assault,mercilessly burning the green down to nothing but useless singed vines and ash.

The never ending bustle of vines was loud, rubbing against itself along with the profuse burning of it. It pushed to get past, but the woman stood unmoving as her ears and cloak fluttered back violently. After what felt like forever, the vines yielded and recoiled back into the dark tunnel.

Once the vine had nearly fully vacated your sight you could only look up and stare at the woman in awe. She was powerful.

Her hard glare softened to a kind smile as she looked to you, you gave her a shy sort of smile in return as she offered you her hand.

"Hello there my child are you alright?"

You laughed a bit, but by the way it sounded it was obvious you were scared and nervous.

Take the Goat woman's hand?

[Yes*] [No]

But, not wanting to be rude to the one who had just saved your life you grabbed her hand and she heaved you up.

"My name is Toriel." Her soft face curled perfectly into a bigger smile. "Come, I'll get you someplace safe."

She gently held your left hand in her much larger one and led you away from the freshly burned vines as they curled and sizzled.

The thick smell of hot water and burnt leaves suffocated the tunnels air.

It filled you with
Determination.