5

While in a deep dreamless sleep, you felt very aware of what was going on around you. Whimsun was beside your face and hugging it, keeping your nose from frostbite. Your fingers ached when they moved so you tried to warm them up by pulling them inside the sleeves of the hoodie.

You heard a faint bell ring as there was instant clamer and laughter. It was quite warm and the smell of fast food fills your nose. The gruff voice came back, but you couldn't make out what it said. You couldn't make out what was happening anymore as your dreams began to tumble inside your mind.

You were on an Island with a rocky volcano from the middle. You, Whimsun and (surprisingly) Froggit. You were playing your ukulele on the ground happily and Froggit and Whimsun danced around on bleach white sand with big grins. As calm blue waves rolled onto the shore and Ike was splashing and kicking water around, a couple times he got you.

It was a beautiful sunny day. Until shit hit the fan. The water turned to a giant tidal wave of lava and crashed down on you harshly, you felt the burn first on your arm.

You woke up with a startled jump and a little yelp as you pulled your arm away and put your hands on it protectively. There beside you sat a strange man who looked a bit startled.

He was hot!

No really, he was basically a big flame in a suit. You frowned in confusion "Careful Grillby." that same voice you heard before said, almost amused

You tracked the voice to its owner immediately. A skeleton in a white shirt, black and white shorts and a pair of slippers stood at the side lines with a big smile stuck on his face. Your eyes flicked between the flame man and the skeleton

"Uh..." you were not to sure what to say until Whimsun came around the corner and saw your awake. She cheered and hugged your face "Y/n! You're awake! I'm so glad you're okay!" then noticed her outburst and started to cry. The two guys looked away a bit awkwardly.

"Hey! Whimsy! You're fine! I'm fine! Everyone's fine!" you said happily, but your tone went a bit more sad "Sorry for scaring you."

Froggit hopped around the corner as well and huffed "(Ribbit) I don't care if you die, it's just that you're the best source of heat Whimsun and I have. That's all" he croaked coldly. You frowned at him then looked back at the two guys "Well, thank you-" you looked up at the skeleton "-for saving me from the storm and you-" you looked back at the flame man Grillby "-for warming me up I suppose."

The flame man chuckled deeply and nodded once. The skeleton shrugged "You can make it up to me by paying off my tab" Grillby perked up and spun towards the skeleton with a frown and his fists on his hips.

The skeleton laughed "okay, okay. I won't make 'em pay" You slowly stood to you feet but noticed that you didn't have any your sweaters on, instead you were wearing a big fluffy coat, it smelled of ketchup. You snuggled into it a bit more and took in a big breath of it, then realization dawned "O-Oh!" you looked to the skeleton who wore a cockeyed smile, he seem confused yet amused.

This coat is his...

You took it off and threw it at him with a red face "SORRY! Sorry!" leaving you in your f/c tanktop. The skeleton removed it from his face where it landed and put it on "heh, no problem. I did let you borrow it though."

"Y-Yeah... uh thank you... uh... um..."

"I'm Sans" he stuck out a white, boney hand, you took it in yours, it was cold and sent a shiver up your spine "Y/n" you smiled at him shyly.

Grillby stood up and walked out. You held Whimsun and walked behind him. Soon discovering you in fact were in a fast food restaurant (your nose served you well)

Your eyes skimmed over a table of dogs, all sitting together and a giant flower with teeth in one booth and a little drunk bunny in the other one. Whimsun flew out of your hands and landed on the ground by Froggit and both went around to explore the restaurant.

It was a quaint little place winter an atmosphere that was warm and inviting. As Grillby went back to behind the bar he looked your way and gave a warm smile, you smiled back. Sans then spoke up "Well, Y/n. I live not to far East of here, just in case you ever start to feel a little bonely" he paused, you looked at him confused as a grin began to automatically stretch across your face, you tried to fight it but you couldn't so you ended up smiling at the floor "Okay Sans" a breathy laugh came out of you as you looked back up "I'll keep that in mind."

He chuckled and hit you on your shoulder and winked "take care." he turned to leave but you spoke up "Sans." he stopped as he reached the door, with one hand on it he looked back over his shoulder "Hmm?"

"Thank you... for saving me" you smiled kindly at him, he looked away quickly "Don't mention it" he said, there was a moments pause, then he opened up the door and walked into the cold, snowy winds.

It was only then you noticed a few of the monsters watching. When you looked around most of them went back to their normal conversations, except for the drunk bunny, they yelled loudly in a slur "That's m'new otp!" and then they passed out.

You laughed and rolled your eyes at the drunken monster, you walked to the back and grabbed your sweaters. "Hey Grillby?" He looked up from cleaning the counter to you. "Do you think I could hang these up somewhere?"

Grillby smiled then pointed to his flamey head then to a bar above him with a few of the customers jackets hanging to dry. You laughed a little "You're a genius!" he shrugged and and went back to his work on the counter.

You stood on a stool but couldn't reach so you regrettably stood on the counter, the very thing Grillby had just been working on. He looked up at your angrily and started flailing his arms around. "I'm sorry! I couldn't reach!" you said hurriedly, he kept flailing around as you hung both of your sweaters up.

You jumped down side him "Sorry! I'll clean it! I'll clean it!" He had his fists on his hips once again and looked down at you, puffing out his chest, trying to look more intimidating.

You laughed under your breath as you scrubbed at your own footprints.