"Why don't shrimps share ?"

Start from the beginning

He nodded before taking a bite of food again. I finished eating before he did. I waited for him to finish and we got back to our room together. He laid down on the bed as he planned earlier while I went to the bathroom to change into a white short sleeved shirt, grey sweatpants and comfortable shoes to run with. When I was about to exit, he wished me a good run, so I wished him a good laying down session back.

I walked in the main corridor, humming some random tune since I hate the silence. It was a bit unsettling to be this alone, sure, before joining this new life, I would easily get alone, in the streets with no one to talk to. I was scaring everyone away, nobody would give me a coin. When I thought back to it, I wondered how I was still a alive. But since I have joined back, I would make social interactions everyday, every hour, every minute. I wouldn't have alone time, which I didn't mind. Though Leon does, when we hang out with the others before going to bed, he always went earlier. He shared to me that he was not an early sleeper, he just wanted some alone time in the day, which I respected.

I opened the last door and stepped outside, immediately feeling the cold, but not too cold, wind on my arms and face. I stretched my legs and began running. Running made me feel free in some way, as if nothing could stop me. I heard the wind whistling into my ears, my feet hitting repeatedly the grass, making a pleasant noise. I felt my heart pick up the pace and some adrenaline shooting in my system.

My breathing began to be labored when the field was less flat, going up a bit. It didn't make me stop though. I ran next to the targets, they were new, judging by the absence of holes. I came closer to the first trees of the forest, running in the forest was a much more different feeling than the field, my feet were hitting the dead leaves, making a satisfying crunching noise. I probably already ran a kilometer or two, maybe about a mile.

I had to pay a closer attention to where I would put my feet because of the trees' roots, sometimes hidden by the leaves. It made me more aware of my surroundings and how beautiful it was. The dark branches and red leaves of the tall trees were forming a ceiling above my head, in which light came through piercing holes, like a laser from the sky pointing to the ground.

I would sometimes jump over roots and fallen branches, though it was fun, it was also tiring me quicker. Sometimes, I would witness squirrels fleeing from me, but also birds perching on trees an singing nice little tunes. It felt like I was in a tale, like Cinderella, or Snow White, or every Disney princess story since apparently all princesses are friends to animals. Maybe it was my girly pop side that attracted birds, who knows.

I then passed next to a very small lake, and ran along a very thin water stream, often jumping from the left side to the right side, I felt like a kid again. Though I had to be careful and to slow down since it was going down, even though no one was watching me, I would feel ashamed to slip and fall. That's when I realized that if I break my leg then nobody's gonna save me.

When I got to the bottom of the hill, I finally gave myself a break since I could barely breathe anymore and I had already ran for almost half an hour. The water stream was forming a huge puddle, not deep and large enough to be consider a lake. I sat on a rock next to it, hoping it was not too dirty. I started breathing slowly and deeply, in hope to calm my heartbeat.

I stayed so still a bird perched on the tree behind me, humming in its high voice a joyful tune before it flew again. I felt so peaceful, I wanted to stay here forever. I observed the beautiful scenery around me, bugs crawling on a tree, leaves crunching on my side because of a rabbit who moved, a family of birds perching on the tree in front of me.