"Why don't shrimps share ?"

Bullet's pov

Leon and I woke up a bit later than usual. We were allowed a break since we have already done a few missions, other soldiers, or operators, were doing the new missions instead. It felt good to be able to breathe without having the fear of failing a task or losing a man, or even a close friend.

Leon turned to me while I was folding my blanket and asked me :

"Can we promise something ?"

I sarcastically chuckled since the last promise didn't go that well. He asked again :

"Can we promise again, it's very important to me."

I nodded, letting him continue. He walked up to me and raised his non injured hand, the left one. He closed it in a fist, only leaving the pinky finger raised. I mirrored him, a bit unsure. We locked our pinky fingers, I looked up at him, wondering what the promise was about. He took a deep breath and said, loud and clear :

"I promise that I will take care of your family if you won't be able to anymore".

I smiled at him and mirrored his speech. Throughout the weeks, I started to know him better, he loved his mom a lot, every week he would send a letter to her and a bit of cash. It would be a great five minutes for her, she was stuck in a hospital bed, reading sweet words from her son was all that kept her the will to live.

We separated and I finished folding my blanket. When I finished, I made eye contact with him and he gestured to the door, probably indicating he wanted us to go to the dining area and eat breakfast. I walked to him while he opened the door and we made our way in the dining area.

It was silent so I spoke again :

"How is your mother ?"

He sighed and answered :

"I don't want to talk about it, sorry".

Talking about this was usually quite a tough subject

We took our breakfast and sat down in an empty area, pretty much all of the dining area was empty anyway. A lot were gone to missions, like Ghost, Soap, Captain Price and König. I couldn't really list anyone else since those four were the only names I knew.

We were both eating in front of each other in silence. I hate the silence, it makes me feel uncomfortable and sort of anxious. I hate the sounds it brings, my heartbeat, my system, the whistle.

I broke the silence by asking a mundane question :

"What are you gonna do today ?"

He kept munching for a bit, swallowed his food, and gave me an answer :

"I don't want to do anything, just gonna lay in bed and listen to some music."

I answered by a simple "ok". Leon drank some water before questioning :

"Do you have any plan ?"

I did so I told him :

"I think I'm gonna spend some time outside, I'm gonna jog a bit in the field towards the shooting area since nobody's here and maybe I'll go to the forest too."

~The Bullet Hole's Kiss~ ( König x Male Reader )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara