四 | 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐄..

Start from the beginning

"Serves him right, that stupid cat.." Naruto mumbled under his breath, earning an elbow to the rib from Maniko.

"No wonder he ran away.." Sakura added.

"Sakura does has a point.." Maniko sweatdropped at the crime scene that unfolded before his eyes. 'Poor cat..' He thought.

"Now, then.." The Third Hokage started, "The next mission for Kakashi's seventh squad is.. An errand to the neighbouring town.. to baby sit the chief Councillors boy.."

"No! No way! I want to do a more exciting mission!" Naruto yelled.

"Yeah! As cute as cats are.. We want a real mission! Not someone's lazy chores!" Maniko retorted.

"You fools! You're still bottom rookies!" Iruka scolded, hands smacking on the table he sat at.

"But it's been nothing but boring missions so far!" Naruto argued.

"Give us something cool! Like fighting against a badas-" Maniko and Naurto were smacked on the heads by Kakashi before any more curses or foul language could exit their mouths.

"Stop it." Kakashi ordered, as the two fell to the floor.

"Listen!" The Hokage yelled, gaining both of their attention immediately.

"I'll give you a C-ranked mission. To escort someo-" He announced, only to be cut off by the two excited boys.

"Heh?! Who are we escorting?! A counsellor?!" Naruto quizzed.

"A Princess?!" Maniko continued.

"A Leader?!"

"A wizard?!"

"A Pirate?!"

"A-"

"SHUT UP!" Everyone yelled at the two boys, who continuously went back and fourth with assumptions.

"Send him in." The Hokage huffed. 'I'm too old for this shit.' He thought. All eyes remained at the door as a drunken man swaggered inside, his grip firm on a bottle of sake.

"Great.. It's just a drunken old ma-" Maniko started, but immediately shut up as Kakashi's hand found its way to his shoulder, squeezing it in a warning tone.

"What's this?! It's just a bunch of damned brats!" The drunk man shouted, before chugging down his bottle of alcohol. "Particularly you, the smallest one with the idiot face." He added.

Naruto immediately burst out laughing. "Who's the smallest one, with the idiot face he's talking about?" He smirked, obliviously.

The team of four began to compare heights. Sasuke being the tallest, Sakura and Maniko with an equal height, then... Naruto.

Realisation struck the blond as he yelled out death threats towards the man, Kakashi holding him back.

"I'm Tazuna, a veteran bridge builder. You will be risking your life and limb, guarding me to the max until I return to my land and complete my bridge!" He explained.

"So.. We're just babysitting an alcoholic?" Maniko joked, shutting up once more after the stern look Kakashi gave him.

 We're just babysitting an alcoholic?" Maniko joked, shutting up once more after the stern look Kakashi gave him

Soon enough, everyone was prepared for the mission as they all began exiting the village. "Alright! We're off!" Naruto yelled, enthusiastically.

"What're you so excited for?" Sakura asked.

"You see, I've never left the village before!" Naruto cheered.

Tazuna eventually started to question his own safety, overhearing Naruto's previous sentence. "Am I really safe with this guy?!" He asked Kakashi, his finger pointed at the blond.

"Eh, heh... Im a Jonin. I'll be watching him. There's no need to worry." Kakashi assured, with awkward laughter.

Not even one minute later, Kakashi was yet again holding Naruto back from attacking Tazuna, as the blond pleaded to have at least one hit at the man.

The team continued to walk forward, as Maniko eyed the puddle that he was so certain they had just walked past. 'Weird...' He thought.

Kakashi did a double take when looking at the puddle, until a body emerged from it, chains wrapping around Kakashi's body and suddenly tearing him to shreds.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Maniko yelped, pulling out his kunai, and immediately throwing it towards the enemy.

"Kakashi Sensei?!!" Naruto yelled, as Sakura let out a high pitched scream.

Sakura and Sasuke sprinted to Tazuna's aid, as the unknown ninja's sprung out to attack.

As if on cue, Kakashi appeared, his arms around both of the ninjas necks.

"Yo."

Stars formed in Maniko's eyes, as a gasp escaped his mouth. "That was so cool, Kakashi Sensei!"

'...Show off..'  Sasuke thought.

"No way, Sasuke! He's just naturally cool!" Maniko argued, as he admired Kakashi.

...

...Sasuke stopped in his tracks, to stare at Maniko.

Sasuke didn't say that out loud.

Did he..?

"..How.. Did you..?" Sasuke trailed off, in doubt.

"Hm?" Maniko hummed, looking over to Sasuke whose face was plastered with confusion.

"...It's nothing. Nevermind." Sasuke dismissed.
'There's no way..The Uchiha thought, shaking his head in denial.

'  The Uchiha thought, shaking his head in denial

A/N: ooooh... Sasuke figured something out about Maniko... 👀

Hope you enjoyed this chapter <3