A Betrayal

Creative name Ik😍

Thank you NyxCollins_  for the request<3

Thank you NyxCollins_ for the request<3

UH SO YEAH VAT7K WHEN HUGO BETRAYS THEM

~———~

After two years, all the totems had been collected and the four were outside the eternal library.
"Well, it was definitely not an easy trip, or a short one, but we did it," Varian smiled, taking his bag off his back which contained the totems. Yong and Nuru were talking, excited, ecstatic even to learn what they'd spent two years wondering. After Varian got out the totems, Hugo pulled out a dagger. As Varian assembled the device, Hugo inched closer and closer until he was practically breathing down Varian's neck.
"What's up, Hugo? You've been, well, quiet," Varian said as he finished assembling the device. Hugo froze. Yong and Nuru began yelling.
"Varian, Hugo!! Open the library, now!! It's Donella!!" Nuru yelled with Yong just screaming as loud as he could. Varian looked over his shoulder fast to see it was in fact Donella and Cyrus.
"Well, what are you waiting for? Go on, Hugo," she smirked, walking towards the group. Hugo was still frozen.
"Oh why would he listen to you, he hardly listens to us!" replied Nuru, confused. Yong and Varian stayed silent. The cogs began to turn in Varian's head when Donella began to speak again.
"Haven't you figured it out-?" she was saying, but Varian cut her off.
"You've been working with Donella, haven't you, Hugo?" he sounded hurt, broken.
"I'm just surprised it took you this long, kid. Aren't you Ulla's kid? I thought she'd have a son who was like her, but clearly I was mistaken," she laughed. Cyrus laughed along with her, but he didn't see what was funny.
"I swear, I can explain everything, goggles. I don't want to, but she promised me a perfect li-!" Hugo was yelling now, but he got cut off by a slap in the face by Varian.
"You fucking traitor! I knew something was off about you since you gave that first totem back! But, for the love of demanitus, right when I started to let my guard down, when I started to think Oh maybe he's not in this for himself you go and prove me right! You fucking dickhead! I can't believe I ever thought I fell for you! I can't believe I ever thought you might've loved me back! I thought I fucking loved you, but nope! Fuck you, Hugo! Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you!" Varian yelled, allowing the tears to stream down this face as he unlocked the library. He ran in, locking the door behind him before anyone else could enter. He sat against a wall and sobbed. He heard his group yelling, banging on the door, begging to be let in. He didn't move. He just sat there, crying. His breathing got less steady, his body shaking more and more. He cursed to himself and screamed. Even through his sobs and screams, he could hear the taunting laugh of Donella, loud and clear. After long, he heard Hugo yelling. He blocked it out and proceeded to walk through the library to find what Yong and Nuru needed so he could get out as soon as possible and leave all of this behind.

~———~

I'm sorry babe I tried😭