Day of Hearts

Varigo!!

~———~

"If I'm not mistaken, we just have to climb this wall and we should be into Corona," Nuru said, looking up from the journal(?) to see Varian already climbing. He looked happy, yet calm. Once everyone of them had climbed over, Varian ran towards the castle.
"C'mon! I have gotta show you around Corona!" he exclaimed. Everyone except Hugo ran after him.
"Take your time, Varian. We're in no rush," Nuru laughed. Varian began to slow down.
"I guess you're right. Sorry, I got excited," he said nervously. "Where's-?"
"I'm right here. I'm not running after you lot," Hugo sighed.
"Varian!!" Rapunzel came running towards him, her arms stretched out for a hug. Varian accepted it, laughing. A small, yet noticeable, smile spread across Hugo's face at the sound of it.
"Hey, Raps! I'm almost done with the trials now thanks to these lot. The last one is right here in Corona!" Varian smiled.
"Oooo!! You could wait a day, couldn't you? It's the day of hearts!!" Rapunzel asked. Varian groaned under his breath. He wasn't the hugest fan of the day of hearts.
"The what?" Yong asked.
"Long story short, it's day about love," Varian smiled at his group. Rapunzel talked to Varian for a minute when she was called over to the castle by Eugene.
"Bye Varian and Varian's friends!" she exclaimed, running off. Varian waved.
"She seems nice!" smiled Nuru. Varian nodded.
"She can be irritating at times, but other then that she's nice," said the blue eyed boy. Hugo walked off, away from the group.
"You said you wanna show us around, right?" he asked. Varian nodded, confused.
"Right? Can I talk to you quickly undercut?" Varian asked back. Hugo shrugged and the two walked away.
"Somethings up. What is it?" Varian asked.
"What? Nothings up goggles. Was that it?" Hugo replied. Varian pulled Hugo down by the collar of his shirt.
"Don't give me that bullshit, Hugo. I can tell something's bothering you." Hugo froze at how close his and Varian's faces were. He quickly snapped out of it and turned his face away, only to get it pulled back, cupped in one of Varian's hands.
"Hugo," Varian said, his voice stern.
"Fine! You wanna know so badly? I love you, you dumbass! I love you so much but I've been way to afraid to say it!" Hugo yelled, causing some people to start staring. It even caused Yong and Nuru to walk over.
"What?" Varian blushed.
"You heard me, dipshit," Hugo adverted his gaze from the other boy. Varian smiled.
"I- Wow, Hugo. I don't know what to say. I- I love you too," he stuttered. Hugo went a bright red. Tears began to well up in both boys eyes, but happy tears, Rapunzel and Eugene came over to see why there was a crowd. Varian and Hugo began to laugh, Varian letting go of Hugo's shirt and face.
"We look so stupid," Varian smiled.
"We do," Hugo smiled back. "Dumbass goggles."
"Shut up, stupid undercut," Varian hugged the taller boy. Hugo hugged back. He lifted Varian's chin up, smirking.
"Can I?" he asked. Varian nodded and the two leaned in. Their lips connected and they shared a short kiss. Nuru and screeching in the back of the crowd, so was Yong. Rapunzel was crying happy tears. And Eugene was smiling, holding back tears while comforting Rapunzel.
"Actually, the day of hearts isn't so bad after all," Varian smiled burying his head in Hugo's chest.

"I love you, Hugo."

"I love you too, Varian."

~———~

No because while I was writing this fucking Your Stupid Face came on💀