Chapter 30: Sweet Talks

Start from the beginning

(Bhaiya, actully we didn't get a chance to, everything happened last night.)

"Aacha chodo, jo hona tha woh toh ho gaya. Jiju, yeh toh bataiye ki didi ko honeymoon pe kahan le jaa rahe ho?"

(Oh leave it. What was supposed to happen has happened. Jiji, tell us where you're taking didi for your honeymoon?)

Meera glares at Muskaan as the others laugh at the sisters.

"France soch rahe hai, pr aagar aapki di ko kahi aur jana hai toh puch lo."

(We were thinking France, but if she wants to go somewhere else then ask her.)

"WOW! France, matlab Paris bhi! How romantic didi."

(WOW! France, that means Paris as well!)

"Oh ho ho ho ho ho. Wah ji wah! Humari pari Paris jaayegi?" Anushka teases.

(Oooooooohhhhhh, Wow! our angel will go to Paris?)

"Bhai, meri behen ke honeymoon ki baatein mere saamne maat karo! Haye mere kaan!"

(Oh God, don't talk about my sister's honeymoon in front of me! Oh God, my ears!)

"Hume picture paka bhejna!" Suraj says as he laughs with Rohini.

(Don't forget to send us pictures!)

Meera turns beet red, "Baba! Mein jaa rahi hu!" she whines before scurrying off to her room upstairs.

(Baba! I'm leaving from here!)

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Nahi karien Shourya. Aap drive kr rahien hai, saamne dekhiye."

(Don't do that Shourya. You're driving. Look ahead.)

Meera turns Shourya's face back towards the road. They were on their way back from the Rao's. They decided to not stay for dinner, and rather eat out. They had invited the Rao's but they denied. Shourya is taking her to the dhabha, he also has some good news for her.

"Meri jaan, kitna sharmati ho tum. Aise toh nahi chalega."

(My love, you're too shy. That won't work out.)

When he doesn't get a response he continues his teasing. "Tumhare yeh raang meri jaan hi le lega."

(This colour of yours will take my life away.)

He puts his hand over hers, which was in her lap. He squeezes them together when they stop at a red light. He leans over, leaves a chaste kiss on her cheek and whispers, "Tumhare iss sharmane ka kuch krna padega."

(I'll have to do something about this shyness of yours.)

Soon they were at the dhabha, they make their way over to their table and ordered.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Samosa chaat!"

"Meera, that's not dinner."

"But that's what I want."

Shourya looks at her pouty face and sighs.