Chapter 3 (Part 2)

SORRY FOR THE WAIT! Please leave me any comments along the way! :)

~~~~~~

Luna's eyes narrowed minutely before they blinked, reassessing the girl. "It can be dare said that Mister Qin's zither skills are rare in the mortal realm, difficult to find another on par. Miss Qin, your way of walk is as light as the flight of fireflies and looking at your slender form, you have great knowledge of performance. Although you cover your face with a veil, your tantalizing demeanor cannot be undermined. You are quite a beauty, one that can only be met and not begged for."

"Yes. You are exactly what The Descending Jade Hall nee-." Madame Scarlett butted in enthusiastically as her face shone with eagerness.

"What The Descending Jade Hall needs is someone who understands their duty." Luna interrupted as she glanced pointedly at a baffled Madame Scarlett who barely concealed her surprise. Turning back quickly to smile politely at the awaiting three, Luna continued, stiffly now. "We wouldn't dare smother your talents. Please, you may leave."

A startled Madame Scarlett leaned in closer to urgently whisper with slight fear at Luna. "Hall Mistress?"

"Madame Scarlett, people segregate according to their own kind." Luna sternly glanced at Madame Scarlett, who slowly leant away and whose face wore an expression of perplexed trepidation. Luna then turned her attention to the three taken back guests. "Miss Qin, you and I do not tread on the same path. Our voices will not harmonise. I do apologise."

A previously silent young man suddenly broke out in rage. "What do you mean, apologise? You think that no-one wants to employ us? We rejected The Sweet Heaven Hall to grace your Hall with our talents!"

"Yuancao! Do not be rude!" Yuanqi berated his younger brother as he quickly stole a glance between his sister and Luna.

"Big brother! I am only telling the truth!"

"Hall Mistress, why do you not decide after detailed thought? It does no harm for us to seek shelter here. I believe that we will definitely become close confidants." The girl said softly as her shining eyes held the steady gaze of an adamant Luna. The air was dense with unspoken suspicion and tension.

"Miss Qin, you truly are an intelligent and sensitive person and I know you are someone who can observe the bigger picture and extract meaning from art."

"Hall Mistress, you yourself is indeed a quiet observant and I know your mindset is interconnected and inter-weaved with ingenuity." Her smile lifted up the veil on top of her cheeks but the corners of her eyes were not graced with her humor.

"Likewise. However, I have already made up my mind." Luna carefully kept her small smile all this while.

This girl must not be kept here... Some people are better left alone.

"Since Hall Mistress has already made up your mind, we apologise for disturbing you. I shall report our leave then." Yuanqi tipped his head and turned to leave, his glowering younger brother following with a huff. With one last lingering stare at Luna, their sister turned silently and glided behind them.