Nominated for the Chunin Exams!

Start from the beginning

Sticking his hands in his pocket he made a scrunching face that made her chuckle, "Don't think to hard. He just wants to protect you."

"Wh- what? Why protect me?" Mito laughed as Naruto's face went from confusion to beat red.

"Watch where your walking." The two members of Team 7 stopped to see what was happening. "Leave the brat alone you are going to get us in trouble."

A boy with war paint, a hooded black ninja outfit, and what looked almost like a wrapped body was holding up a kid. It was then Naruto recognized him. It was the Lord Hokage's Grandson. Looking at Mito for confirmation, "I got your back!"

Drawing out his wazikashi Naruto appeared next to the foreign ninja with his blade against his neck, "If you don't drop the Hokage's Grandson I'll slit your throat now."

Before he could move Mito appeared with her Sharingan activated and her tanto drawn, "You should listen to him. We really don't care if you are here for the Chunin exams."

"Damn it Kankuro. I told you we'd get in trouble." Temari was smiling as her brother sweated from the killing intent coming from both Leaf genin.

Sasuke and Shin came around the corner to see the situation. As Konohamaru was dropped he ran and hid behind the male Uchiha. "What the hell?"

Naruto looked up to a tree and made eye contact with a red headed boy looking down at him, "How did you know I was here." Naruto wasn't really sure but something about the boy felt familiar. "It doesn't matter. Will you take your friends or are we going to have a problem?"

Gaara smiled, "No. Come on Kankuro, Temari. If you embarrass the Sand again, I'll kill you both." Nobody missed how frightened the two ninja were.

Naruto turned to leave when Gaara called out, "Hey what's your name?" Turning he looked at the red head, "I am Naruto Uzumaki-Oda. You?"

An evil smile grew on his face, "I am Gaara of the Sand. It will be a pleasure killing you." Nobody missed the killing intent flipping between the two.

Sasuke looked at Mito as they left, "You okay?" Mito saw the worry in the boy's face, "Of course!" Smiling she squeezed hia hand causing him to blush.

Shin looked at Naruto, "Your kind of odd  whiskers?" Naruto glared at the smiling kid. "Shin I don't know you well but I already hate you. Your brother is better." 

Sasuke chuckled at that, "His brother uses ink jutsu right? That is pretty interesting."

"So do you think he will come after us?" Mito looked at Naruto with a little bit of concern. Sighing Naruto looked at his feet, "Idk maybe."

"I've felt that kind of bloodlust before Naruto." Everyone stopped and looked at the girl, "When you killed that boy in Wave. It was different. But the fear I felt was the same."

Naruto looked down at his feet not wanting to make eye contact with anyone, "Hey Mito, I'm Gunna run home. I'll see you later." Before she could say anything he was gone.

"What happened? He couldn't of had that much bloodlust?" Looking at Sasuke she could see he was genuinely curious, "It's not my place to say. Come on, I think Shisui is cooking tonight!"

Shikamaru went straight to hang out with Choji after leaving his team, "Oi Choji!"

Seeing his friend made him smile, "Shikamaru! Feels like we never see each other anymore!" The bigger boy smiled as he offered his friend some potato chips. "Thanks Choji. So is your team going to be taking the chunin exams?" 

"Yeah, Kurenai sensei thinks we're ready. Sakura has gotten pretty good with Genjutsu and Shino is super tough to fight in general." Shikamaru always loved how humble his friend was. "Well your also the physically strongest of all us Genin to Choji." The boy gave Shikamaru a giant smile.

Looking at his old friend, Choji noticed he seemed distant. "What's wrong Shika you seem weird today?" His face flushed as he distracted himself with clouds. "I don't know if I want to take part in the exams yet."

"Why not? Mito and Naruto are both really strong. You're also the smartest person I've ever known." Shikamaru sat up and decided it was best to tell him of their mission. Starting from the time they ran into the demon brothers to the fight at the Great Konoha Bridge.

"I held Naruto back. Because of me he resorted to killing someone before he was ready." Choji listened to everything without interjecting. Finally letting out a chuckle, "You care about him huh?"

Blushing, Shikamaru looked away, "I don't know what you're talking about." Choji proceeded to laugh at Shikamaru's face, "You have had a crush on him since we saw him shooting for the first time. The way you look when you talk about him now is different then it was before."

"You don't care I like a boy?" Choji raised his eyebrow at the boy, "No. I think you two would be good together. Plus you two are my best friends so as long as you're both happy I'm happy!"

"Thanks Choji." The Nara smiled as he watch clouds with his best friend.

Kakashi walked into the meeting with Hokage. Every Jonin sensei in the Leaf was there. The rookie sensei's were all up front. Standing next to Asuma and Kurenai, he patiently waited for the meeting to start.

"As you all know," the Hokage began. "We are hosting this year's Chunin exams. Now starting with the rookie sensei. Will your teams be participating."

Asuma stepped forward first, "I Asuma Sarutobi nominate Kiba Inuzaka, Ino Yamanaka, and Sai of Team 10  for the Chunin Exams."

"I Kurenai Yūhi nominate Sakura Haruno, Choji Akimichi, and Shino Abarame of Team 8 for the Chunin Exams."

Deciding to announce his team, "I Kakashi Hatake nominate Shikamaru Nara, Mito Uchiha, and Naruto Uzumaki  of Team 7 for the Chunin Exams." Hiruzen smiled at the announcement that Team 7 would be joining the exams.

"I Shui Uchiha would like to nominate Hinata Hyuuga, Sasuke Uchiha, and Shin of Team 12 for the Chunin exams." Iruka who was listening the whole time was red with rage. "YOU cannot be serious. Every rookie team! There is no way they are re-"

Cutting him off Kakashi took the attention from the teacher, "Iruka. They are not your students anymore. They are soldiers to the leaf. My team has already successfully fought a battle and survived. From what I've seen of the other rookies, we may have the strongest age of Genin since the Sanin were kids. I will not have you degrade them."

"Well my rival! I think you should head his warning. I kept my team from competing last year to make sure they were ready." Gai smiled at the masked Shinobi.

Smiling back Kakashi responded, "What afraid my team will beat yours?" Hiruzen slammed his hand against his desk, "The rookie teams are joining the exams and that's final. Now to start our conversation about the village defenses."

The meeting continued but Kakashi was to busy thinking about how his team would perform for the exams.