Zjazd

Edited by: absolem !! („• ᴗ •„)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Lilly placed a plate of scones on the dining room table.

Seated at the table was Yūji, Satoru, and the new boy they had taken in; Junpei.

Junpei's shoulders were hunched over. His hands were folded together in front of him, and he fiddled with his thumbs. He irradiated nervous energy; a dark, hollowed look in his eyes.

Yūji was seated beside him; he smiled at Lilly when she sat the scones down.

"Let me make sure I've got this straight," said Satoru. He pointed to Junpei. "You saw a Cursed Spirit murder some of your bullies, and decided, yeah I wanna learn how to do that, and then tried to befriend it?"

Junpei flinched, but nodded.

"At which point the Cursed Spirit tricked you into carrying a Cursed Object back to your home that got your mom killed. And you," Satoru gestured to Yūji, "didn't sense it, why?"

Yūji frowned. "Nanamin said they found bits of sealing paper; it was likely hidden up until the seal broke."

"Okay," said Satoru. He folded his hands together and leaned forward. "After your mother's death, you went to the school to try and kill the bullies?"

"Yes," Junpei whispered.

"But Yūji stopped you?"

"Yes."

"And that's when Stitches came out and–" Satoru waved his hand.

"Yes."

"The bastard got away too," Yūji grumbled. "Escaped into the sewers. Nanamin wouldn't let me chase after him."

"And now," Satoru continued, "you want to join Jujutsu High?"

"Yes," Junpei answered, his voice barely audible.

Satoru leaned back in his chair, a careless grin on his face. "I like it. Most people who go through something traumatic that gets their loved ones killed get all hesitant. You? Nah! Why back out now when you've come so far? Welcome to our little world. I'll get you an introduction to our principal."

Junpei winced at some of the words. "Thank you...?"

"You're welcome." Satoru clapped. "If you're accepted, I assume you want to stay at the dorms–?"

Lilly pointedly cleared her throat.

Satoru glanced at her. He looked back at Junpei. He looked back at Lilly.

Lilly smiled at Junpei. "You don't have to stay at the school–"

"I think it would be best, you know–be around people his own age?" Satoru quickly added.

"He'll see them at school," Lilly dismissed, still smiling at Junpei. "You are welcome to stay here, sweet child. Whatever makes you most comfortable."

"I, um..." Junpei nervously looked between the adults.

"How bribable are you?" Satoru quietly asked.

"What?"

Yūji sighed. "Junpei, if you stay at the dorms you can be hallway buddies with me and my best friend. You'll like Megumi; he's quiet."

Junpei smiled, relieved from Yūji's intervention. "That sounds good. Thank you."

"Perfect," said Satoru, beaming.

"How old are you, Junpei?" Lilly inquired.

Junpei's brow creased. He stumbled over his words as he answered, "I–I'll turn seventeen in August this year."