Zaproszenie

Edted by absolem!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"How are you holding up?"

Megumi stiffened at the question.

After returning to Jujutsu High, Megumi had wandered the premise in thought.

It was a strange situation.

His best friend, who had unwittingly become Sukuna's vessel, was now faking his own death.

His best friend, who became Sukuna's vessel, was now playing dead.

His best friend. Sukuna's vessel. Now faking his death.

Now matter how many times Megumi repeated these facts in his head, he couldn't process them. It was an absurd situation. His dorky friend was the antithesis of the evil Cursed Spirit King, and was now not only serving as its vessel, but had to fake his own death?

Megumi knew the Jujutsu Society was already crappy, but to go so far as to try to kill his best friend?

After what happened with his step-sister–

He cut that train of thought.

Megumi's footsteps were nearly silent as he walked across the Tokyo campus. The roads were paved concrete with cracks in them from being worn down over time. The tall trees swayed in the breeze, the sound of the leaves rustling was Megumi's only company for his walk.

Until his phone rang and he saw it was Yūta Suzuran.

Megumi answered the phone after the first ring with a, "Hello?"

"How are you holding up?"

Megumi had stiffened at the question. Megumi's grip tightened on the phone. "Fine."

"It's okay if you're not," Yūta said sympathetically. "It can't be easy to see a friend become possessed."

"I'm fine. Miss Suzuran handled the situation promptly," said Megumi.

Megumi didn't know how strong Miss Suzuran was. He only knew that she had a hand in training Yūji and Yūta before they came to the academy. When he asked about her previous, both boys gave surprisingly cagey answers.

"Strong enough," Yūta had said evasively.

"She's... pretty cool," was all Yūji could say before insistently changing the subject.

Since she could handle a possessed Yūji, Megumi would guess she was at least First Grade. And she must be clever enough to force Sukuna to heal Yūji–how else would Yūji have survived? That's what Megumi would have tried to do.

Ah... his thoughts were jumbled.

Going back to Yūta's question, Megumi didn't feel he could answer it any other way.

It didn't matter if he wasn't fine anyway, so what was the point in admitting it?

"Mn." Yūta fell silent for a long moment. "I'm going to let Toge know about the situation–"

"Mr. Gojō said not to tell anyone," Megumi objected.

"It'll be fine, Toge can keep a secret," Yūta reassured Megumi. "If you want someone to talk to, and you can't reach me, you can go to Toge."

"That's not needed."

"Maybe," said Yūta. "But I'd rather you have the option nonetheless. How did the other first-year take the news?"

"Well enough, I suppose," said Megumi. "She doesn't know Yūji very well."

"Okay."

Megumi looked up at the sky. He debated with himself for a full minute before he gave in and asked, "... How am I supposed to act?"