Chapter 18

When I woke up I hoped everything that happened in the last 24 hours was just a bad dream. But noticing a text from Zach told me it wasn't.

I walked to my closet and pulled on a pair of black sweatpants and a black cropped hoodie.

I ran downstairs grabbing my helmet on the way

I ran downstairs grabbing my helmet on the way. I got on my bike and that's when I noticed how deserted the streets look at this time. Ignoring the scary feeling creeping into me I got on my bike and drove away to the park.

Once I got there I saw Zach standing underneath a tall tree. I ran up to him.

"Zach!", I yelled and he turned around and put a finger to his lips.

"Not so loud", he said walking up to.

I noticed he had a bag slung onto his shoulder and he was holding another in his hand. He tossed the on he was holding to me and I caught kinda confused.

"What is this for? And what's your plan?".

"It's dangerous but you wanted to come along for it", he answered.

"Yeah yeah, I know", I said rolling my eyes, "And that's why I'm here".

Zach shrugged and put an arm around my shoulders, "Let's go then".

We walked for while until we came across Mrs. Symond's house. Mrs. Symond's currently living in Australia with her son for the next six months which meant her house was empty.

Zach handed me a mask and he too wore one. Weirdly I missed having his arm around me but I didn't say anything.

I put on my mask and raised an eyebrow at Zach.

"Breaking in", was all he said before walking up to the front door and taking out a key from the potted plant next to it.

"That's hell of a bad idea", I said walking up to him.

"I know, I told you I don't want you to come".

"Kinda my idea too, the hitman thing".

He unlocked the door and we went up to Mrs. Symond's bedroom in which Zach opened a drawer full of cash. He put the right amount inside his backpack and then paused.

"Now that we're here", he took out another couple of bucks and held it out to me, "You want?".

"Um...no thanks", I replied and he shrugged tossing it back in to the drawer.

Walking out of the house we made sure we put the key back and everything was exactly how it was before. We were half way to the park when I saw two guys from school walking in our direction.

At first I  couldn't remember who they were but as they got closer I did. Daniel and Ethan. I looked at Zach but he ignored them and kept walking. Soon they were right infront of us.

"We saw what you'll did", Daniel was the first to speak.

"We have reasons", Zach simply replied.

"They better be good", Ethan said crossing his arms but Zach laughed.

"As if you two are worth telling".

Then faster than lightning he kicked Daniel in the stomach and punched Ethan's face. He grabbed my hand the two of us ran all the way to the park.

We hurriedly climbed on to the bike and I hung on to Zach as he drove as fast as he could to my house.

Once we reached both of us sat silently on the bike for two minutes before I broke it.

"Stay over, my parents are on a little holiday so it's not a problem".

He nodded, "I'll tell my mom, she'll let me since  it's you".

.
.
.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I opened my eyes and saw Zach facing me, laying down next to me on my bed.

"What?", I groaned.

"Um..I couldn't sleep so I was playing Truth or Dare with one of my friends who lives overseas", he replied.

"Ok so?".

"He dared me to ask you out", he said not making eye contact with me.

"How would he even know if you did it or if I said yes?", I asked closing my eyes.

"I have to prove it by posting pics in Instagram and all that", Zach replied.

"Ok then", I said.

"So what do you say. You wanna be my girlfriend?".

"Since it's a dare, yeah", I answered, "Now let me sleep".

"Definitely".

.
.
.

"Really Zach?", I asked holding up the matching bracelets he had bought.

I was peacefully eating my delicious lunch with Amy until Zach showed up and Amy decided leave me with him.

"Yeah, we gotta make it believable and you agreed", he answered grabbing my hand and sliding the bracelet on.

He put his on too and took out his phone.

"Keep you're hand on the table".

I did as I was told and he rested his next to mine them paused.

"On second thought....", he grabbed my hand and intwined our fingers together.

He clicked a bunch of photos of our hands and was busy posting them. He's taking this way to seriously.

.
.
.

I was extremely bored and was just laying on my bed when I got a text from Zach. I took my phone out of my pocket and opened his message.

A picture of him showed up on the screen.

Use this as your wallpaper, take a screenshot and post it

Use this as your wallpaper, take a screenshot and post it. I'll do the same , u know I already had your pic as my wallpaper ;)

What have I gotten my self in to?