Chapter 4

I was woken up with Olivia who had a worried look on her face.

"What's up?", I asked rubbing my eyes and putting on my glasses.

"Um...so the things is Emlyn found your diary and she...well we read it and we just learned what you had to go through", she said all in one breath.

I shot up from my bed, "WHAT?! YOU'LL READ MY DIARY!".

I ran down the stairs and burst into Emlyn and Olivia's room to see Emlyn spread out on her bed flipping through the pages of my diary. I ran up to her and grabbed it from her hands and she looked up with a shocked expression on her face.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT!", I yelled and Emlyn's face fell.

"I-I just found it", she said nervously.

I sighed and sat down next to her on the bed, "Promise not to tell anyone", I said.

She nodded as Olivia entered the room. Olivia too looked at me with a sad look on her face. Were the pitying me. That's something I absolutely hate, people pitying me.

"Rihanna you could have told us", she said sitting down on a chair.

"What could I have said, I'm getting bullied because of how I look".

"No well...", Emlyn trailed off.

"Um...I need to speak to Emlyn about  something", Olivia said standing up, "Meanwhile can you get ready to go out".

I nodded and left the room. I took my time having a long hot bath and then blow drying my hair at least 10 times. Once I actually felt like I could face them again I left the bathroom and got dressed. I wore a yellow shirt which I tucked into a pair of black shorts.

I walked downstairs and saw that my parents had already laid out breakfast and left for work

I walked downstairs and saw that my parents had already laid out breakfast and left for work. Emlyn was sitting at the table scrolling through her laptop and Olivia was on her phone.

"Hey...", I said awkwardly.

As soon as I said that Emlyn slammed her laptop close and Olivia turned off her phone. What was going on here? Were they discussing my pathetic life with their friends? I sat down opposite them and started eating my pancakes. We ate in silence and once we were done Olivia spoke, "So me and Emlyn has planned a little surprise for you".

"Hmm, what is it ?", I asked putting my plate in the dishwasher.

"You'll see, now come on", Emlyn grabbed my hand and dragged me out.

They didn't tell me where they were taking me so I gave up on asking them. As we waited impatiently for the bus at the bus stop I saw two familiar faces, Lola and Carla. As soon as I saw them I looked down hoping that they won't recognize me, but they did.

"Hey Rihanna what are you doing today?", Carla asked smirking at me.

"N-nothing much", I shuttered and Olivia stepped forward.

"Leave us alone", she said glaring at the two of them.

"Jeez calm yourself down woman, I'm just asking", Carla said her smirk fading away replaced my a angry glare.

The bus came to a stop in front of us and thank goodness it did because things were starting to turn ugly. I grabbed Olivia and Emlyn by their wrists and dragged them aboard. Carla and Lola said something which I didn't hear but I knew wasn't anything good.

We got off Infront of a mall.

"We're going......shopping?", I asked.

"Sort of, now come on", Emlyn said running inside.

They took me to a store which sold glasses. Were they getting me new glasses?

"So we thought since you hate glasses so much, why not get you contact lenses?", Olivia said and Emlyn finished for her, "If you want to".

"Are you kidding? Of course I would love to get them!", I smiled brightly as we walked in.

There were a lot of colors to choose from, but I decided to keep it natural. I ended up choosing a forest-green lenses. When I showed them Olivia and Emlyn they totally agreed. Maybe with their help I could change everything about me and go back to school this year as a whole different person.