⎯⎯ ୨Chapter 11୧ ⎯⎯

TW: Overdose and Su!cude

Previously
"You should  get some rest, you'll be able to visit Gon tomorrow." Hajime told him. Killua nodded and said goodnight before closing his eyes.

Present

Killua sat on a chair next to the bed that held Gon. Gon gave him a smile, trying to reassure him. Hajime walked into the room with something in his hands. He walked over to the two and passed Gon a notebook and a pen.

"I thought you would need this since you can't talk." He said before walking away.

Gon's smile widened. He could communicate with Killua again! He snatched up the notebook and the pen, flipping to the first page and scribbling something down. He turned it around so Killua could see it.

I love you!!!<3

Killua smiled softly after he read it.

"I love you too, Gon."

Gon turned the book around again and scribbled something down.

I'll be fine.

Killua let out a sigh. "I know, Gon. It's just... I'm worried. If something were to happen to you, you wouldn't be able to shout for help."

But I won't need to! Because you're here to protect me!

"I know but-"

Gon set down the notebook and set his hand onto Killua's.

Killua wrapped his arms around Gon and hugged him tightly.

"I love you so much." He whispered.

~|#|~

Killua awoke to Hajime shouting his name. He groaned and sat up.

"Killua! We have a problem!" He looked horrified.

"What happened?" Killua demanded.

Hajime quickly explained that Kazuichi had made tablets so they could check up on the sick, and that he had just witnessed somebody hang themselves on the tablet.

"Holey shit!" Killua sprang out of bed. "Do you know who it is?"

"No, they had a paper bag on their head."

"Well then, let's go!" Killua shouted.

~|#|~

Killua and Hajime stood in horror at the scene in front of them. There were two bodies, both wearing paper bags. One of them was hanging from the stage lights and the other had a knife sprouting from their neck.

The body discovery announcement played and everyone burst into the theatre.

"Who died?!" Kazuichi demanded.

"We don't know yet."

"Somebody needs to remove the bags."

"I will."Hajime said.

He untied the noose and gently set the body down onto the floor. He revealed Ibuki's body. He then walked over to the second body and removed the paper bag. Oh no... this was bad. He turned to look at Killua who was talking to Sonia, trying to calm her down.

Kazuichi walked over to Hajime. "Oh god, Killua is gonna freak."

Killua saw Hajime looking at him. He began walking over to him. Hajime quickly stood up and tried to stop him from getting any closer.

"What are you doing?" He demanded. He shoved Hajime out of the way and looked at the body. He went still as he saw the bloodied body of his love.

He dropped to his knees and picked up Gon's frail corpse. He let out a sob, getting the attention of the others. "Gon!" He wailed. Nobody moved. He screamed, cursing the gods for what happened to him. Hajime walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Killua, I'm sorry-"

"Don't! Sorry won't bring him back!" Killua shouted at him.

Killua stood up, but not before slipping Gon's ring off of his finger. It had been given to him by his father when he was 12.

Killua turned away from the body and ran out of the theatre, away from the corpse of his love, away from all the sympathetic people, away from his problems.

He found himself back at his room. The room he and Gon shared. He walked in and fell to the ground. He screamed in anger. Why did Gon have to die? Why couldn't it have been him instead? He would kill whoever did it! He would strangle them and watch as the life left their eyes. He wouldn't care who saw, he would do it.

~|#|~

Everyone was shocked, they couldn't believe that Mikan would do such a thing. They watched as she laughed like a maniac.

Suddenly, someone kept at her, knocking her to the ground. Killua had his hands around her neck, strangling her. Akane shrieked. Hajime and Nagito ran over to the two and tried to pull Killua off of Mikan.

"You bitch! Why did you kill him! He had so much life left!!" He screamed at her. But all she did was smile at him. Hajime and Nagito were finally able to drag the screaming Killua away from her. He kicked and yelled. Nobody spoke. He had tears running down his face. Hajime and Nagito removed Killua from the room as everyone watched Mikan was executed. Killua and stopped struggling and was just crying now. Hajime looked at Nagito.

Killua stood up and without looking at either of them, walked out of the building.

He entered his room again and sat on the bed. The room felt empty without Gon. He felt empty without Gon.

He looked at Gons ring that he wore on his finger. He knew what to do. He walked into the bathroom and found his medication. It was medicine to help him sleep at night.

He opened the bottle and dumped a bunch into his hand. He took a deep breath and put the pills into his mouth. He felt fine at first, then he began to feel sick when suddenly, Hajime burst into the bathroom. He saw the bottle of pills and realized what was happening. Killua collapsed to the floor, his mouth foaming.

"Killua!!!" Hajime screamed.