I wanna go home

Gilbert Residence - 45 Minutes Later

"Yelena, time for the party," Enzo's voice breaks through my sleep-induced haze. Blinking groggily, I struggle to rouse myself. "Mmmhh, what?" I mumble, still half-asleep. "Time for the party, little savior," he reminds me, using his affectionate nickname for me. With a yawn, I begin to change into my outfit for the party, slipping into black leggings for comfort and ease of movement.

"Let's head to the woods. I don't think I'm going to stay there for very long. I'm still so tired," I declare, my exhaustion evident in my voice. Enzo nods in understanding, "25 minutes. Then back to bed," he promises, and we set off for the woods.

Woods

[Stefan arrives at the party and is listening for Yelena.]

"I don't know, Enzo. I am so tired, so so tired. I just...I think everything is too much," I confess, leaning my head against Enzo's chest for support. "I know, it is only for a little bit, then you make your deal. Jeremy and Jenna are set up for life," Enzo reminds me, his words a comforting presence amidst my weariness.

[Caroline walks up to Stefan.]

"Hey! You made it!" Caroline exclaims as she approaches Stefan. "I did," Stefan responds, nodding politely at Caroline, though his gaze lingers on Enzo and me. Caroline, aware of the delicate dynamics, swiftly intervenes, steering Stefan away from us.

[Enzo and Elena are still talking.]

"Are you okay?" Enzo's concern is evident in his voice as he wraps his arms around me. I shake my head slightly, overwhelmed by the noise and the chaos of the party. "It's too loud, so loud, my head hurts. Why is it so loud?" I lament, seeking solace in his embrace.

"It's okay, we can go now if you want," Enzo offers, his voice a soothing balm to my frazzled nerves. "No, we have to stay," I protest weakly, torn between my desire to leave and my sense of obligation to fulfill my role at the party. Enzo sighs, understanding my reluctance but respecting my decision.

"Hi," a voice interrupts our conversation, and I peek out from Enzo's embrace to see Stefan standing before us. "Hello, mate," Enzo greets him, his tone polite but guarded. "You need something?" he inquires, his protective instincts kicking in. I sigh inwardly, bracing myself for the inevitable awkwardness of the encounter.

"Sorry, about him. Things like this aren't my scene," I apologize, offering Stefan a small smile as I attempt to defuse the tension. "I'm sorry. You're upset about something," Stefan observes, his gaze probing. "You telling me or asking me?" I retort, my exhaustion making me more blunt than usual.

"It's okay," I relent, sensing Stefan's genuine concern. "I'm asking," he clarifies, his expression softening. "Well, like I said. Parties aren't my scene. I'd much rather be on the couch with my gang and just hang," I explain, feeling a wave of weariness wash over me once more.

"You two seem close," Stefan remarks, his eyes flickering between Enzo and me. "Enzo is my brother in everything but blood. You have one of those, right?" I inquire, attempting to lighten the mood with a touch of humor. Stefan's response is guarded, and a brief stare-off ensues between him and Enzo before the tension dissipates.

"And performing her song, Yelena Gilbert!!!" the announcement breaks through our conversation, signaling my cue to retreat from the awkward encounter. "Let's go, Enzo. I have to perform," I declare, tugging him away from Stefan before things can escalate further. "Don't start something with him," I caution him as we make our way towards the stage, my voice tinged with a note of warning.

"Yo, yo, yo. What up, Mystic Falls High?" I address the crowd, mustering up the energy to perform despite my fatigue. "I will be singing 'Here'," I announce, the cheers and applause of the crowd providing a surge of adrenaline.

"1...1...1...23," my drummer counts, signaling the start of the song.

"I'm sorry if I seem uninterested 

Or I'm not listenin' or I'm indifferent

Truly, I ain't got no business here..."

The familiar lyrics fill the air, and I lose myself in the music, finding solace in the melody. As I sing, the weight of the world fades away, and for a moment, I feel free.

"YELENA! YELENA! LENA! LENA!" the crowd chants, urging me on. With a final bow, I retreat from the stage, the exhaustion creeping back in.

"I need to go," I whisper to Enzo, feeling drained. "Let's get you home," he agrees, his concern evident. As we slip away from the party, I can't help but feel grateful for his unwavering support, even in the midst of chaos.

"That was wicked," Vickie remarks, her voice still tinged with excitement from the performance. The others nod in agreement, sharing in the post-concert buzz. "It was good, but we gotta get home, now," you interject, feeling the weight of exhaustion settling over you like a heavy blanket. The others nod in understanding, sensing your fatigue.

After dropping off the rest of the group, it's just you, Enzo, and Jeremy left in the car. "Yelena, are you okay?" AJ asks, concern etched in her voice as she turns to look at you. With a weary shake of your head, you admit, "Never let me do that again." Enzo, ever attentive, nods in agreement, understanding the toll that performing has taken on you. Without a word, he scoops you up in his arms, carrying you bridal style as he helps you to bed.

"Lena, what's going on?" Enzo inquires softly, his eyes filled with worry as he settles you onto the bed. You take a deep breath, gathering your thoughts before speaking. "I got this case file. There is this girl. In New Orleans, and she... her name is Monique and they want me to go and retrieve her, but I keep seeing these things... these signals. Like if I go, I'm doomed.. or something," you confess, the weight of your revelation heavy on your shoulders.

"What do you want to do?" Enzo asks, his tone gentle yet probing. You shake your head, torn between duty and instinct. You didn't want to choose, you wanted someone else to make the decision, to bear the burden for you. Sensing your inner turmoil, Enzo's expression softens, a silent understanding passing between you.

"Alright, let's go," Enzo concedes, his voice steady and resolute. Despite his own reservations, he recognizes the importance of supporting you in your decision, whatever it may be. "This weekend, I've been planting seeds for a while now," you say cryptically, a determined glint in your eyes. Enzo nods in understanding, knowing that whatever plans you have brewing, they're bound to be both daring and dangerous. With a shared glance, you both brace yourselves for the challenges that lie ahead, united in purpose and resolve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Obviously, Yelena didn't write those songs.

'Here' by Alessia Cara