The day after

June 10 2020 / 09h00 am

{ Aubrey's POV }

I just woke up with a little headache. I look on the night table for a painkiller but I can't find anything. So I get up and go to the kitchen. Finally, I manage to find a painkiller to calm my headache, after taking it and massaging my temples, I went back to my room but first I decide to check if Mia is okay and if she is awake. I open the door of her room slowly, so as not to wake her up if she is still sleeping. Everything is fine, she is still sleeping.

I finally reach my room and decide to put away my stuff, since I have to go back home, while putting away I can't help thinking about what happened yesterday during the party with Mia.

Aubrey's flashback:

I was enjoying the party with Lizzie, dancing, laughing, and drinking. Then all of a sudden my phone rang. Mia had just sent me a message.

Mia : Code 21, need your help asap.

I frowned as I read the message, I had to find her and get her out of this situation. Indeed Mia, Y/N and I have set up a code to warn each other of embarrassing, dangerous situations, and when we need help. And it's in one of these situations that Mia is currently.

I leave lizzie with Y/N, and went to look for Mia. I find her in the garden, a man is next to her, he is a little too close to her, and she looks uncomfortable. He is a little too tactile, he tries to touch her and she dodges him. I rushed to them to stop this situation. I took Mia by the arm and brought her with me. Before going back inside I went to the security to ask them to kick him out of the house. The security guard went to work right away.

I look at Mia, and I realize that she is shaken by what has just happened. I wonder what he could have said to her before I arrived. I ask her if she wants to stay downstairs with everyone but she answers that she prefers to go up to her room and rest. I let her go, and went to join Y/N and lizzie. I can see from far that they are laughing, I am happy that they get along well, but I am a little jealous because I would have liked to laugh with them, especially with Y/N.

End of the flash back.

I really need to do something about this, and watch Mia, maybe it would be good for her to talk about it, if she wants to. I finally put my stuff away and put it in my car and left a note on Mia's bedside table to tell her that I had already left and that she would send me a message when she woke up.

Before going home, I decide to buy some breakfast and go to Y/N to see how she is doing and have breakfast with her, and try to talk to her. Since yesterday I haven't heard from her, or Lizzie for that matter.

I go quickly to the bakery, and then I go back to Y/N's place. I arrive in front of her house. Instead of ringing the bell I call her to see if she is awake, because knowing her if she is asleep, she will surely not come to open the door if I ring the bell. I call her and after a few moments she answers.

Y/N: hey Aubrey how are you doing? you miss me already?

Aubrey: hey I have a little headache but it's bearable, and yes a lot.

Y/N: hahaha, so what's up?

Aubrey: uh I'm in front of your place, I have some breakfast do you want to come open for me or, do I keep all the donuts for myself?

Y/N: I'll be right there.

I hear her through the phone rushing to open the door for me. When the door opens, we hug and I follow her into the kitchen. I put the donuts on the kitchen island. While Y/N goes to the coffee machine.