The pain of grief

Start from the beginning

Soon enough Baela, Rhaena and her grandparents had join in to embrace her. While Daena was busy with her family Cregan handed her sleeping child to a servant and eyed her from the distance. Aeron glanced at him then at his mother and approached him.

"What can I do for you young prince?" Cregan asked.

"If you want to keep your eyes keep them away from my mother." Aeron warned.

"Will you gouge my eyes out?" Cregan asked with a grin.

"No but my father will."

Meanwhile in King's Landing the light peaked through the windows, Aemond had been sleeping separately from Daena at her request.

He got out of bed of bed and began to get ready for the day and stood infront of the mirror and had a flashback to the days of their early marriage days.

*Aemond's flashback*

Aemond sat on the floor between Daena's legs as she brushed his hair.

"I have never met someone who cares this much about their hair." She joked.

"Presentation is everything."

"Mabye it's time for a hair cut." She teased and grabbed the scissors next to her.

"Absolutely not."

Daena cut a single strand of Aemond's hair but the sound was enough freak him out. Aemond got up and ran to the mirror in a panic and checked his hair, Daena on the other hand burst out into laughter.

"That's not funny."

"Oh yes it is." She laughed.

Aemond approached her and grabbed her hands pinning her onto the bed. He took the scissors away from her but stayed on top of her looking down at her smiling. His long hair tickled her cheek and brought a hand up tucking it behind his ear.

"I love you and your long hair." She whispered.

"And I love you little bird wherever you are is where i want to be."

From that day on Daena was the only one allowed to touch his hair, it was the moments he enjoyed most with her.

........

Aemond rubbed his face shaking off the distant memory and prepared himself for the day. Aemond walked to Daena's room and found the servant walking out of her room with a tray of food.

"Why is this tray full? Is she still not eating?" Aemond asked the maid.

"She's not there my prince I assumed she was with you that's where I was headed." She explained.

"That does not make sense she hasn't left her room since-" He couldn't say the rest. "Put it in her room I'll find her." He said and walked his children's chambers. Aemond entered his children's room only to find their beds empty, now he was starting to get worried. Aemond ran to Helaena's room and began pounding on the door.

As soon as Helaena opened the door Aemond barged in.
"Where is she?" Aemond as worriedly.

"Who?" Helaena asked folding her arms.

"I can't find Daena or the children."

Helaena was silent, she had spoken to Daena about leaving and even though she'd miss her she was glad she did, she just thought Aemond would be with her.

"Mabye you do know where she is you just won't say it." She said.

"I refuse to believe that she would do that." Aemond said angrily and walked out heading to his mother's chambers. Daena wouldn't leave him and take the children...or would she? He thought.

He kicked her door open angrily storming into her chambers.

"Where is she!" He yelled.

"Who Aemond?" Alicent asked panicking.

The sound of Aemond's rampage caused Aegon to emerged from his room.

"My wife! My children! Where are they!" He shouted and searched his mother's room.

Alicent grabbed her son. "Aemond she is not here."

Aemond's eye widen, Daena had left him, she took his children. And he knew exactly where she went.

"I will fly to Dragonstone myself to find out the truth." Aemond said.

"No Aemond. Grab him." Alicent commanded.

Both Aegon and Criston Cole grabbed Aemond and threw him onto the floor pinning his hands behind his back.

"Calm down brother be reasonable." Aegon said. "Leave us mother."

Alicent and Criston Cole hesitantly left the room leaving the brothers alone.

Aemond pushed Aegon off him and stood up. "I will not abandon my wife or children."

"So your plan is to what? Fly to Dragonstone on Vhagar and do what? They out number us with dragons 10 to 1. If you go on Vhagar you die." Aegon said.

Aemond hated to say it but Aegon was right, he'd never see his children again if the blacks decided to use all the dragons against him.

"I want to see my children."

"I have an idea a safer way to get you there but not until tomorrow."

"What the hell am I supposed to do until then."

Aegon wrapped an arm around his brother. "We drink."

Meanwhile Ser Harrold had kept his word to the prince and delivered the letter to princess Jaehaera before leaving. Jaehaera immediately opened the letter to read it.

Jaehaera

I'm leaving I'm sorry for not saying goodbye but thank you for being my friend.

-Aeron

Jaehaera was saddened by the fact that he was gone, even she wanted to climb on her dragon and fly to Dragonstone herself but how could she when she didn't even have a dragon.

Back in Dragonstone Daena had spent all day with Daemon and Lord Corlys planning the attack on kings landing. Daemon was out for blood and so was she. Daena was glad it was over for the day and headed to check on Aeron and Elaena when Jace stopped her.

"What's wrong brother?" She asked.

Jace handed daena a paper. "It's Luke's....I found it on his desk after- well you know. Jace said fidgeting. "It was addressed to you so I didn't want to open it."

Daena opened the letter infront of Jace and tears swelled in her eyes as she read it.

Dear sister,

I am sorry I have not written in a while but today I felt the need to. I've missed you so much, I do hope you and Aemond are doing well. I cannot wait to see you, my nephew and niece again. Congratulations mother told us you were expecting another babe, Daemon has agreed to take me to find new eggs as a gift to your new babe. Viserys and Aegon are growing bigger day by day and Joffery misses yu. Come visit soon sister but if you can't I'm only a dragon ride away. I love you Goodbye until next time.

-love Lucerys

Tears streamed down Daena's face face, Jace took his sister into his embrace and buried her face in his chest.

"I miss him so much." She sobbed.

"I miss him to." Jace answered

" Jace answered