undici // chapter eleven

Start from the beginning

"What brings you to my abode, peasants?" Saiko approached them from inside the gates.

"We're just here to give you a paper from class—"

"Your house is, like— huge! Super cool!"

"You think?" Saiko hummed, basking in the praise rather than the real objective at hand. "I guess I could give you measly commoners a tour around my place. Just to get a glimpse of the world only I am able to live in."

"This house is nothing that great, anyways!"

With that, they were all suckered into walking i to the oversized house. Saiki and Asher weren't too sure why they decided to tag along, but it was too late to leave now. They walked around the outside of the building, soon standing in front of several stone statues.

"Wow.." Kaidou looked up at them in awe, "So cool.."

"What is it!? What do you think is cool!?" Saiko questioned excitedly.

Kaidou pointed up to the sculpted stone, "These statues. Where's the switch?"

"Huh?"

"The switch? Y'know, they're hidden as normal statues but as soon as you switch them on, they come to life!"

'I don't understand how he lives like that.'

"Oh– no. They don't do that," Saiko looked at him as if he were crazy.

Kaidou's shoulders slumped. "Oh. Boring..."

'What!? Did he say boring!?!?'

'Yes, I think he did.'

"A- anyways, let's go inside now!" Saiko rushed them into the house. "Everything in this room is worth 7 billion yen, by the way! And that one painting is worth almost 3 billion yen!"

"Wow, really?" It looked like Nendou was the only one deeply interested. He was quick to take the frame off the wall to get a better look at the artwork.

Aren was still being a negative nancy, arms crossed as he looked around lazily. "What's the point of wasting your money on such useless things..?"

"Hey, don't touch that! Put that down!" Saiko carefully snatched the painting from Nendou's hands and put it back to its place on the wall.

"Well... that's the same amount of money the richest man has, so that's nothing. That's nothing compared to him!"

'It'd be easier to admit you're jealous, Aren..'

Saiko continued to guide them through different rooms, showing off different aspects of each one. The cinema, the snack bar, the gym. This man could stay in his house forever with no worries; he'd survive for years.

'So fucking annoying,' Asher scoffed.

'Look who's jealous now.'

"Wow, look at the time," Kaidou looked at his non-existent watched. "It's gotten so late. We should go now." Looks like he was just as sick of this as the rest of them.

"Yeah. I wanna get food before we go home," Nendou rubbed his stomach which rumbled angrily.

"Y- you all can eat something here! We have a lot of different, exotic foods!"

"Nahh, I think I just want ramen," Aren chimed in, the group walking out the front door. As they were walking out, Nendou somehow got himself stuck in the gate.

'Dumbass.'

• ——— •

With winter break over. the school year was also ending with it. The school year was going, and so was the current third years. Asher didn't know any third years, so it wasn't too sentimental for him. He was able to spend the day at home, since the day would be spent for the third years' ceremony.