𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧

Start bij het begin

Ailìtx apologised once again for stepping over the line by putting his hands on my shoulder & honestly, he was just comforting me. Its not as bad as flirting with another infront of the clan. He also mentioned that he wanted to offer a hug with my permission, that is before Neteyam.

"Please, don't worry about it. Im always helping around the clan as much as i can, thats why i volunteered to teach the little ones since im good with weapons" he said smiling proudly at the little warrior sitting at the other side of the river.

"Thats really nice of you to do that! the clan sure needs more like you & not gossipers" i said, rolling my eyes at the mention of the youngsters.

We laughed & dipped our toes into the water, then sinking our feet in & kicking the water. Soon we started splashing the water onto each other's legs & it was on.

"Oh okay- the mentor gets to tease the new girl with water? i can handle it" i snickered.

"Really?" he asked sarcastically & pushed me straight into the river.

He lets out a belly laugh & i was not going to let him win, so i stayed underwater for a 30 seconds just to fuck with him.

"Hey! alright im sorry! come outta there!" i tried to submerge my body as i heard the muffled words, opening my mouth to let out bubbles.

"Shit-!" & he dove right in.

I lifted my head to wink at the panic-stricken mentor with a smirk, mounting myself up & he followed.

"You should've seen your face! serves you right for pushing me dude!" i laughed at the horrified expression on his face.

"Skxawng!" he cursed. He then grabs my cheeks to pull me in for a kiss & my eyes widened, immediately separating myself from him. For a moment, Neteyam crossed my mind & i thought about how he would've killed Ailìtx if he saw us.

"I- im, im sorry. Just- don't scare me like that again.." he said fully letting me go.

"No no- its okay, i was just caught of guard" i said & we both awkwardly sway in the water. We could hear his little warriors cheering him on & a nervous smile grew on his face.

"I uh, i gotta go to them, i'll see you tonight?" he asked.

"Whats tonight?" i turned to scratch my head as i watched him swim away.

"Dinner with the clan! happens every night remember?" he shouts, swimming over to the children.

"Right.. dinner" i muttered & got out of the river. Fully drenched, i walked over to Lo'ak & man was still sound asleep. "This guy.. dude wake up!" i nudge on his arm but he was deep asleep.

Then i whispered into his ears "Lo'ak there's a pretty girl here to see you.." & he sprung up, ready to flirt.

"HEY THERE!- shit Vi!" he rubbed his eyes.

"Why are you soaking wet? did you take a swim without me?! not cool!" he whined & i laughed, pulling the sleepy boy up.

*ೃ༄

For dinner, Neteyam sat by a rock away from his family. Hunched over his food, i was contemplating if i should join him tonight or sit with his siblings. But before i could even take a step, Rheya popped out to greet him from behind.

Thats it! if he chooses to entertain her then so be it, i know i shouldn't but i'll sit with Ailìtx tonight.

I marched over to grab Kiri & dragged her to where the little warriors were, "Sister! where are we going?" she asked flabbergasted by the sudden pull.

"Lets sit over there tonight, i don't feel like eating by that disgusting sight" i said rolling my eyes.

The little warriors recognised me from this morning & greeted me with a warm welcome to join them. Kiri was delighted to see me finally opening myself up to the clan but she didn't know why they recognised me.

My eyes scanned the people for Ailìtx but he was nowhere to be found. I glanced over to Neteyam, completely ignoring Rheya's presence & already looking in my direction. Braids trying to cover his eyes but i could sense his glare.

I frowned at my mate. Not understanding why he wouldn't just get up to talk to me, or even sit somewhere else away from her. Did i lose my mate that quick?

"Looking for someone?" a familiar voice said, walking towards our circle.

"Hey!" i got up to hug Ailìtx. At this point, Kiri was done with surprises & she lets out a worn out smile.

I knew not to push too far, thats why i brought Kiri with me. Lets see how much the mighty warrior could tolerate, watching me sit & laugh with another man from the clan.

If theres one thing i know about Neteyam, is that he cant stand the thought of another man putting their hands on his mate in any way. If Neteyam still cared.. if he still loves me, he would react to it.

I didn't know how to flirt with someone that i have no interest in, but i tried.

My hands lightly smacking Ailìtx's arm if he cracked a joke, giggling when he whispered something into my ears, moving slightly closer to each other just to get warm by the fire & Kiri was going along with it like she read my mind.

I guess it went well when Ailìtx moved his arm over around my shoulders, nudging his nose at my earlobe. i have to admit i felt a little bit uncomfortable, especially infront of the clan. But i didn't cared, i want Neteyam to feel what i felt when Rheya kissed him.

I glanced up to see if Neteyam was still looking at me, but he disappeared & so did Rheya.

"Whats wrong new girl? a minute ago you were just fine" Ailìtx said, concerned after he took notice of me dispirited.

"Nothing- i just, i just wanna get out of here" i replied.

He tilted his head, absorbed in thought before he spoke up again. "I have a plan, lets ditch this scene & head over to the river" he said.

Something at the back of my head was screaming at me not to go, but i was too disheartened to even listen to my own thoughts. So i agreed to his idea on the river.

We sneaked away from the clan, climbing onto the trees to see if anyone noticed our departure. Everything was normal, even Kiri was making faces at the youngsters in the clan.

We took off to the river, running like how Lo'ak & i did this morning. It took my mind off Neteyam for awhile but when we stopped, Ailìtx was standing under the moonlight.

He reaches out his hand for mine & we danced to the sounds of the forest. It made me wish that Neteyam was the one dancing with me, holding my waist & us laughing when we stepped on each other's toes.

Neteyam ran through my mind throughout as Ailìtx gazed into my teal eyes. That was our thing & i couldn't shake him off,

"I- im sorry, i- Ailìtx we cant. I cant.." i tried to get my words out.

"Its okay, its a just friendly dance. With a friend" he said as he tilts his head, attempting to meet my eyes again.

"Oh! i almost forgot, i made something for you!" he said, taking out an arm band from his side pouch.

He tied the arm band around my bicep, but i noticed this particular one looks different from the ones he would hand out to the little warriors. This had a zigzag pattern & blue beads sewn into it.

"Is.. this friendly?" i asked with my brow raised.

"Only if you want it to be" he said, almost having a shy look on his face. He leaned in closer, putting his palm on my cheek-

"you look beautiful under the nigh sky, even the beads matches your eyes"

I knew that this was leading to something else & i had to get out of it.

*ೃ༄