Chapter 9

The festival 1 (Uedited)

"Ha Your highness ! Please don't do this,"

I was moving stealthily across the hallways, trying not to make any sound, but I couldn't shake off the feeling that someone was following me.

I turned around to face her. "Jenny, I have to do this. There's a festival  happening tonight, and I want to go."

I threw down the bedcover that I tied into a rope down my room window, then I pushed myself up on the window frame using all my strength.

It was the most classic way of escaping.

"Miss Iris, please don't go out! You'll get into trouble!" Jenny, my maid, was running after me, panting heavily.

"I can't miss the festival tonight,I will be back before sunrise." I tried assuring her  but she didn't look convinced

"Your highness you can't do this to me, Empress dowager will be very displeased." she said, her voice trembling with fear.

What was left now was to successfully get down from my room, which was located on the second floor of the mansion.

"Ha...... Why do I have to go through all this."

I complained, looking down from the window, and started taking action.

I held onto the rope and slid down it with fast speed.

It was only on the second floor. I've concluded that it was possible to safely climb down from my room after wandering around within the mansion grounds a couple of times.

I'm sure it was possible...... .

"...... Shoot."

The bedsheet I've tied into a rope was shorter than I thought.

I couldn't check before as I couldn't see well how long it reached down from my room. I thought it would be fine because the rope was pretty long.

I could wake someone up if I were to jump down from this height, and it was possible that I could get injured if I were to make a wrong move.

"Just...... !"

Realizing that eyeballed length was different from the actual length had made me panic.

I looked up to see that the distance from where I was at to my room window was pretty lengthy. I didn't have enough power to climb back up.

I was barely holding onto the bedsheet, which was the best I could do.

"Ha...... What do I do."

I sniffled at the situation where I couldn't help myself either way.

It was then.

"Hey. You, what are you doing right now?"

A voice came from below me.

I glimpsed down below me and met eyes with someone.

"Ha."

A sound of that person feigned laughing followed after those words.

"......Sir Lucas?"

His hair reflected the moonlight.

"May ask what your highness is doing?" Lucas  was looking up at me from below with the eyes seeming to be looking at a senseless thing.

"I-I was just...I needed some fresh air," I stuttered, trying to come up with an excuse.

"Your highness...... Ha, this is so hilarious that I can't find the right words to say. Are you trying to escape right now ?"