Chapter 2

(Unedited)
The wedding Pt 1

When I woke up, I realized that I had fallen asleep in my room. Suddenly, the sky was bright and I was still in my nightgown.

'When did I fall asleep like this?'

"Ah. I think it must be the shock of waking up in another body."

At a time when my mind was getting complicated, I heard someone's voice behind me.

"My lady!"

Oh my gosh. What did she mean "my lady"?

The words calling me suddenly gave me goosebumps. It suddenly began to feel real.

What should I do now? This is really happening.

"My lady!" Bethany came running with a sullen face.

Over the past week, maids always came to my room around this time with a tray of food.

I've been trying to adapt, but I still feel awkward.

I told myself that I might go back to reality once I woke up again.

"Uuuuuuugh!"

Frustrated, I flailed under the covers.

While I was trying to figure out a way out of this hopeless maze, the blanket over my head was suddenly pulled away from me.

"My lady I can't believe your sleeping  by this time, you should get ready for the wedding."

"Let go of me! Don't touch me!" I yelled, protesting against the maids who yanked my clothes off and put on the wedding dress on me.

Despite my struggles, the three maids who came in under the Empress dowager orders didn't bat an eyelid, no matter how hard I tried. She was waiting for me,they said.

Not only did the Empress abuse her, but even the maids didn't treat her with respect.

"Milady, we don't have time for this. You must not keep everyone waiting."Bethany looked at me.

"What?"

"The Empress said to bring you there, by force if needed. If you keep rebelling, then I have the permission to punish you."

"I don't want to! I don't want to get married!" I shouted, holding onto anything around me just so the maids couldn't drag me out of the room.

At that moment, a shadow loomed over me.

I looked up.

In front of me was a haughty woman with her chin raised and her arms crossed.

Sharron Eugene.

A slap stung my cheek, and I gasped. Sharon Eugene. Her dark brown pupils and sharply raised eyes looking at me, as if I am not her son's fiancé, clearly showed a deep hostility towards me.

It was no way to treat a lady, or anyone really, who had blacked out just yesterday.

"I gave you a warning last time"

"I am not getting married and that's for me to decide"

What?" The Empress who listened to me, looked stupid as if she couldn't hear anything.

" I definitely don't want to be your daughter-in-law"

"Young LADY!" The Empress became angry and shouted my name. I looked at her in the eyes refusing to back down.

Had she been treated like this all her life?

Did Iris have to endure all this since she was young?

'It hasn't even been a full day yet, but I'm already so frustrated. How did Iris tolerate all this?'

· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·

I naturally frowned at the sight of the hall. Countless people sat on both sides of the podium, and a gorgeous chandelier hung from the ceiling.

The groom had already entered.

One person grabbed my arm to guide me, and the other lifted the hem of my dress from behind.

Everyone's attention was now on the bride who was about to enter. Some looked on in contempt, some in envy, and one avoided my gaze altogether.

There were beautiful flower arrangements on both sides of the carpet lined in front of me.

I made eye contact with the man standing in front of me, and his expression noticeably hardened. He looked as if he saw something he hated.

He looked away first. He looked around the hall, and when his gaze reached a particular spot, his face softened.

Why all of a sudden...?

A slender, brown-haired woman was sitting in the place where he had his focus, and while I could only see the back of her head, the woman seemed to be staring back at him.

'That must be the heroine, Sylvie.'

The man looked almost as if he was about to cry. His lips faintly moved as if wanting to speak.

I saw it clearly.

The man was mouthing 'I love you' to the woman sitting in the distance.

That's amazing. He had to say that here, at this moment.

It was so absurd that I couldn't help but laugh.

Honestly, it I felt like I was watching a comedy movie.

'I didn't know I would experience this in an R-19 novel. Especially at my own wedding!'

Meanwhile, the bridal procession music started. As soon as I took a step along with the tune, my arm was aggressively pulled by Noah.

"I've done as you wished, so don't interfere with what happens after this."

I looked up at him blankly.

'Seriously? What now?'

"No matter who I meet or where I go, never try to find out and look for me. Don't expect anything from me. Do you understand?"

That's amazing. He had to say this here, at this moment.

"I get it." I twisted my arm from his grip frowning.

I wanted to ask him to stop this wedding and just marry that woman.

When I stood face to face with the Noah,I lowered the hem I had been holding and stood straight.

He held my gloved fingertips very lightly, and we stood side by side in front of the podium.

I could only hear the murmurs around me now. But I don't care anymore.

It was about to begin.

Hey everyone thank you for reading this special chapter 🖤 it truly mean so much to me if you vote and comment and also don't forget to add this to your libraries :)
From:Author-nim :>