S2 EP 2: Home sweet home!

Rio and the others looked in the distance at the sight of the big tree. Ayase and her group were talking all about how huge it was while Celia listened in awe at their stories. Rio didn't hear most of it however as he was in awe at how much of the village looked the same. "I guess I wasn't that long of being gone, but still..."

"Rio, what's that?" Celia asked, taking Rio's attention. She was pointing at an incoming giant bird that was carrying something on it. "Is that bad or good? Should we turn back?"

"No, No." Rio assured to her. "Professor, that's just our greeting party.

"Greeting party?"

Rio gave a small laugh and then gave them the situation. "That would be three of my friends here in the village, although I don't see my sister." Rio waved to the three Demi-Beasts as they waved back.

"Hello again, Master Rio." Alma greeted, happily. "I see you've returned with quite a lot of company." 

"Master Rio?" Celia questioned, skeptically.

"Long story." Rio sighed. "Well hello Alma, Orphia, Sara. How have you ladies been getting along?" Rio was happy that it he was able to return after only a few months. Seeing the three girls again did bring some goodness to the current times.

"Just fine." Sara assured. "And Latifa has been quite well too. She'll be happy to see her big brother again." Rio smiled and noticed the confused looks on Ayase and the others faces. 

"How long are you planning to stay, Master Rio?" Orphia asked.

"A while this time." Rio assured. "Currently, I'm in worse trouble than ever and need a place to hide out. I thought that with you girls and my little sister would be the most assuring idea. Especially after getting... unexpected company." Rio pointed at the three Japanese people behind him and Orphia nodded.

"We'll be sure to make you six feel welcome in our village." Sara said, politely. "Rio, if you could take the four new ones to the elders please." Rio nodded and the two groups flew down to the village.

When Rio touched his foot to the grassy floor of the Demi-Beast village, he felt good to be back home. It was good to be back in the comfortability of the giant trees and half-human presence. "You glad to be back her too, Aisha?"

"Very glad, Haruto."

Rio looked up and saw... ears? "Big brother!" Rio was tackled by a Demi-Beast who was hugging him tightly and smiling. "Welcome back to the village, Big Brother!" 

"Good to be back, Latifa."

"So this is your little sister..." Ayase murmured. "And she's a demi-beast while your a human..."

"And she's so cute!" Masato exclaimed. "I wish my sister was cute like yours." Latifa blushed at his statement and Aki smacked her brother across the had. "Ow! Geez!"

"So, who are those four?" Latifa asked, referring to the four who she hadn't met. "Did you make some new friends, Big Brother?" Rio nodded, telling his little sister the details as they walked toward the tree to meet the elders again.

"So the girl with the white hair is my old professor and best friend from childhood, Celia." Rio told her, causing Celia to smile. "The older girl in the odd clothes is Ayase. The other girl is Aki and the boy is her younger brother, Masato. The last three came from a different world and are having complications..."

Latifa gave Rio a questioning look and he nodded to her. It seemed that Latifa had a guess that these three came from their old home which relieved him. "So, what are we going to do now that this has been settled? I guess just go see the elders and tell them about this..."

"Aisha." he stated, turning to his spirit friend. "Can you walk with Latifa and the others for a while so I can take these four by the elders?" She nodded, even though it took a minute to calm Latifa. The girls all left and the remaining five walked toward the huge tree.

********************************************************************************************

"We'll we would be happy to accept your new friends into our village, Rio." Ursula agreed, hearing the story Rio had told the three elders. "You've been helping our village out so much! It would be our honor to help you out under these discriminations."

"I second the matter!" Domonic yelled. "How long do you all plan on staying here, Rio?"

"Hopefully a few years at least." Rio stated, pleasing the elders.

"Well then you five can join Aisha, Sera, Alma, and Orphia in the old house for now." Syldora insisted. "We may however need to move a few of you to a second house."

"If you need, the six of us can use the rock house I have." Rio suggested. "It's pretty large and could house us all. Plus, I think we could even fit Latifa into our housing just to make her feel better." The three elders nodded at Rio's proposal and the five left them. "I still find it a little insufferable that I always have to do all the talking... Why couldn't professor talk since she's very much smarter than I?"

"You ok, Rio?" Celia asked Rio, taking him back to reality. 

"Sure!" Rio protested. "I'm just a little tired is all. We did have a long journey to get here. Are you ok, Professor?" Rio knew he was trying to get them away from the question, but he did actually want to know if she was ok. Celia didn't usually leave the kingdom, so this has to be different for her, right?

Instead, Celia frowned in his direction. "I would be fine if you would only call me by my real name, Rio. I'm not your teacher anymore anyways. Were friends, so just call me Celia, ok?" Rio didn't understand what was so bad about calling her what he always had, but Rio simply agreed as the two made it to his old house.

Walking inside, Rio saw the five girls he'd left running around as they made food. "Welcome back, Master Rio!" Sara said, thoughtfully. She was standing in the kitchen with her normal cooking outfit on.

"Thank you, Sara." Rio thanked. "Guys, you all can set your things down and get ready. I've actually changed my mind and will have you three stay in the rock house while the rest of us stay here. If that's okay with you three!"

"That would be fine." Miharu agreed. "You two okay with the idea?" Aki and Masato nodded politely and the group all went into the kitchen to eat. The adventure of being a criminal on ten run had truly begun...