“Daki…” Y/N whispered, letting go of her and instead delicately resting her hands on the demon's shoulders. “In that day when Akaza got missing… what really happened?”

“…!!” She jolted, and then started to babble while awkwardly avoiding eye-contact : “W-what do you mean? I already told you what happened, r-right?”

“… I already know that your version of the facts wasn't exactly what happened, I promise I won't be mad at you, so can you please tell me?” Y/N pleaded.

“.....” Daki's expression quickly gloomed. “I'm truly sorry, Y/N. What happened is….

.

.

.

Y/N left Douma with Daki and went to the training.

After they were alone, he still had this creepy smile that made her shudder.

“…why are you here for?” She asked, quizzically staring at him as she hugged herself from fear.

“Don't worry! I came in peace!” His face quickly changed to a confused one. “Wait, did I? I guess I came in peace!”

“Decide yourself!” Daki exclaimed back, irritated.

“Whoa! Calm down here!” He raised his hands like he was admitting defeat. “I'm not here for you anyway.”

“Huh?”

Just as the demon was about to question what he meant, Akaza entered the room.

Daki still didn't trust him completely, so she couldn't but feel wary with both of them inside her room, knowing that they could get rid of her at any second.

However, a fight didn't happen, what happened was that Douma approached Akaza and started to quietly say something to him.

She wanted to approach them more, she wanted to hear what they were saying, but when the girl tried to move, her body didn't budge.

She exasperatedly looked down, her legs were trembling like her feet were frozen in the ground

Oh. She was too scared to move.

Daki looked up at them again, the demon saw Akaza's eyes widen in surprise for a split-second, before his expression dropped to a cold one.

'What are they talking about…?'

“... Understood.” Akaza mumbled, clenching his first while coldly looking down.

“Glad we had this conversation!” Douma cheerfully responded, trying to pat his shoulder in a friendly way only to receive a slap. “Oh my, still aggressive?”

He didn't respond, only turning away and walking past Daki, opening the window of the room and seeming to be about to get outside.

'Y/N… you're such an idiot… I told you that you shouldn't trust him…' she blankly watched him leave.

'But…'

Everything seemed to progress in slow-motion to her.

'Even after all I did, she still believed in me…

So…

If there's any chance that he might be good, then-'

Her legs finally moved, as she ran up to the demon and grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving. “W-… Why?! Why are you leaving?!”

Akaza looked back at her, dumbfounded at the girl's actions. “Can't you see? I'm going back to where I came from.” He coldly responded.

“This- This isn't right! If you do this- sniff- You're going to make her hate you!” Daki wanted to be strong, she really wanted to be able to say the rights things at this moment, but she couldn't.