Chapter VII: Act XXVI

Start from the beginning

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as he heard that name.

The said male shook his head, and quickly joined the fight with Aether following closely behind.

(Y/n) thrust his polearm straight into the ground of the Euthymia, allowing vines to materialize and take a shift of attacking Ei.

Aether ducked an incoming vine and ran right beside it when he realized that Ei had lost her concentration on him.

Ei twirled her polearm and swung it in a circular motion, sending a sizzle of electricity at both the vines and (Y/n).

(Y/n) casually pushed himself up and onto one of the vines before brushing himself past and sending a quick kick toward Ei's shoulder.

Aether narrowed his eyes when he realized that he and (Y/n) had a low possibility of winning, so he quickly darted straight at Ei and jumped with a twirl in his step.

Ei blocked the incoming attack at Aether sent to her and reimbursed the attack with a deflection of her charge with electro.

(Y/n) quickly threw his polearm between the two, and allowed vines to take the shape of a wall.

Aether skidded and breathed heavily as he gazed at the Archon with steady eyes.

Ei gazed at the two silently.

In secret, she was glad to see (Y/n)– no, Asmodeus was up and alive, even if the said male didn't remember her.

Aether took notice of something glowing from his pocket and quickly pulled it out.

"Dear me, aren't you cutting it rather close? Hmm?" Yae Miko asked as she showed herself to the group, glancing between Aether and (Y/n).

(Y/n) pulled his polearm out of the ground, allowing the shield of vines to dematerialize as he walked over to Yae Miko and Aether.

"Miko... This was your doing...?" Ei asked in surprise.

Yae Miko smiled in amusement. "Now, now. Don't forget who taught you how to place your consciousness in objects. Surely you don't think both of your ambitions alone are enough to shake Ei's will? Do you? Though you are both here. They too have ambitions," she states.

Aether narrowed his eyes as he took in Yae Miko's words, knowing that she wasn't lying.

(Y/n) twirled his polearm and swung it off to the side, staring heavily at Ei with a set of calm (E/c) hues.

Ei's eyes widened when she took in the familiarity in that emotion which was usually rare in the (H/c)-haired male.

(Y/n) might seem calm around others, but... his eyes?

His eyes hold a whole different story.

(Y/n)'s emotions were like the eye of the storm.

Hazardous everywhere except for the middle, the calmest part of the storm.

"Which they long since entrusted to you two. Now then, both of you close your eyes," Yae Miko instructed.

The two males followed Yae Miko's instructions.

They could hear the words and ambitions of others coming into the light, and coming to guide them into victory.

Aether got up onto both of his feet and he held his blade comfortably.

The words kept coming and coming, giving the two the spirit to finally come around and defeat Ei.

"Abolish the Vision Hunt Decree."

Ei stared at all the colorful stars in her Plane of Euthymia in surprise before smirking as she allowed her to get serious once more.

(Y/n) was the first to move on his feet, surprising Aether with such speed that the said (H/c)ette had.

'Has he always... been this quick? This whole time and continuing... he's been holding back his true self? But... why?' Aether wondered as he joined in the fight.

(Y/n) tossed his polearm horizontally, before sending a quick front kick to get the momentum and strength going.

Ei quickly dodged (Y/n)'s attack but gasped when she saw vines relocate themselves and help in with the attack.

She quickly sent an attack at both Aether and (Y/n) which they dodged by jumping out of the way.

(Y/n) slammed his hands straight into the ground before he could barrel roll, and sent a kick straight to Ei's head.

Ei was able to move her head just in time before the (H/c)ette's kick could do any real damage to her.

"Aether!" (Y/n) shouted, causing Ei to pull her attention right back to Aether.

Her eyes widened as she was thrown backward and into a nearby column.

(Y/n) and Aether landed on their feet as they watched Ei stagger onto her feet.

Yae Miko watched as Ei was about to attack, but decided to end it.

"You've lost, Ei."

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝