Chapter Forty-Two

Start from the beginning

"You're always apologising..." he suddenly mumbled, dragging my eyes back to his face. Adam's eyes were still closed but there was a small smile on his lips.

"I'm always putting you in dangerous situations," I sighed. Of course, I'd been able to hear Adam's thoughts this whole time, more than welcoming them into my own head. We fully connected through mind and soul back there and neither of us was willing to back out of that just yet.

"We live in rather dangerous situations, love." Adam coughed harshly and I jumped up, already at his side, but he held his hand up, smiling brightly. "It is not your fault, and you know it."

He suddenly chuckled, taking me by complete surprise when he pulled me forward, towards him. I could only catch myself by pressing a hand against Adam's chest but by that point, I was already pressed up against him. "That's better. There was too much distance between us," he smirked, moving his lips to hover dangerously close to mine.

"You're injured, love," I whispered, my eyes betraying me either way and straying to his lips.

"Just a bit worn out, really." His smirk turned lazy, his thumb rubbing gently against my hand and sighed, but not out of annoyance, more out of acceptance as I easily succumbed to him.

My eyes closed as I pressed my lips gently against his, my own lips slightly parted as I felt his warm and slightly rough ones press more firmly against mine. I poured my emotions into that kiss, all the worry I had felt, the fear, the anxiety, the guilt, as well as the happiness that rushed through me having my soul connecting with his, the contentedness, the desire and pure, devastating amount of love I felt for this man.

With the hand that wasn't holding mine, Adam took a strong hold of my face, angling us so he could kiss me deeper, pouring his own emotions into the kiss to the point where it was almost overwhelming. His tongue slipped slowly past my parted lips and I shivered, my hand pressing more against his bare check, my fingers digging into the skin.

He was just wearing a pair of shorts that hung loosely around his waist, teasing me with how fucking gorgeous he looked. Adam's tongue connected with mine on a sensual level, and the heat flooded my body, shredding any sense of control I had left.

My lips pressed harder against his, curling my tongue around his own as I pushed myself up onto the bed. I straddled his waist, my hands placed firmly on his chest. Adam growled deeply into my mouth, his hand immediately moving to grip my hips, unconsciously pulling me even closer.

I nibbled on his bottom lip, my hands trailing down his body and tracing the outline of his delectable v-line. Just the feel of his mouth-water body beneath my fingers was enough to have me moaning into his mouth, his tongue once again burying into my mouth and pulling more sounds from me as I got completely lost in my Keeper.

I'm not sure how much time had passed; time didn't matter in that moment. But eventually, we pulled away, breathing deeply as we got lost in each other's eyes. God, he was beautiful.

Adam chuckled shortly, his thumb running over my bottom lip, which were still slightly parted as I breathed and I felt like I was in a daze, completely mesmerised by him. "So are you," he whispered, drinking me in as his eyes gazed over my face and body before settling back on my eyes.

I settled into his arms, moving off of him to lay beside him instead and sighed happily when I felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me closer. I buried my head into his neck, enjoying the closeness and not worrying about being interrupted. In that moment, I didn't care who saw us, I just needed to be close to him.

"What did you say earlier?" He asked, his thumb rubbing up and down my arm and bringing me a sense of calm that washed every single worry from my mind.

"Hmm?"