Chapter Twenty-One

Sorry, it's been a weird week and today is my niece's birthday so this chapter is a bit shorter than usual. Also after this chapter our boys are gonna get a lot closer so please bear with <3

-Adam's POV-

Cameron's strength was weakening, it was becoming all too obvious that he wouldn't be able to keep the portal open for much longer, but none of us drew attention to it, not willing to think about what might happen if it came to that.

I was angry and restless, using the power of my wolf to fight off more people as they came, but my eyes kept drifting back to the portal, I was waiting to feel him again, it was like he'd been swept off the face of the Earth, his aura dissipating with him, so I was waiting for any sign of him being okay.

The more time that past, the worse I felt, which only helped to fuel my anger as I pushed someone down to the grown, baring my teeth threateningly with a low growl.

My claws extended against the enemy's chest, a hiss being drawn from their lips as my nails dug into his skin, drawing blood.

Shit. I was losing it. My wolf was slowly taking over.

A hand touched my shoulder, pulling me back.

"Adam! They're leaving," someone told me. My eyes finally left the person on the floor, and in my surprise managed to slip out and get away, I didn't care.

I shook my head, watching as they left, they didn't try to close the portal again, instead they just left us to it, disappearing through a different portal and leaving the area scarily quiet as the rain slowed to a stop.

Nobody knew what the hell just happened, but right now it didn't matter, I had to get to my mate.

I shifted back into human form, not caring that I was naked, nor wanting to spend the time to re-enter the pack house to get dressed, I didn't have time for that.

Instead, I stepped towards Cameron who was still crouched on the ground, holding onto the sword that looked seconds away from breaking.

"Let me through," I growled.

Cameron didn't falter as his eyes locked onto mine, they still shone that bright fire-like colour, using more power than he was probably used to, but he didn't budge, nor speak, he seemed more...confident like this, he was in control, and he knew it.

It was such a weird state to see Cameron in, he was usually so shy and reserved, only ever gaining little confidence when around his Keeper, and occasionally his friends.

"No," he said, his voice didn't shake or stutter, he was really willing to disobey me.

"I said..." I stepped towards him threateningly, I didn't know what the hell I was doing, my wolf was taking more control by the second, and my lack of control over my own wolf had to have been amplified by the upcoming full moon, there was no other reason it would be this strong. "Let. Me. Through," I repeated, empathising each word slowly, but it wasn't me who spoke.

"And I said, no." There was no fear in Cameron's eyes, he was confident and defiant. I took another step towards him.

"Adam! Snap out of it!" Adrian jumped in front of me, blocking my way to the small boy.

My eyes snapped to his and I realised how crazy I must look, eyes bright red, completely in the nude with my fangs elongated, my breath heavy and untamed, with probably a look that could kill.

I forced my eyes closed and tried to breathe, tried to force my wolf back, I hated how little control I had right now.

"What is going on with you?" Adrian asked in astonishment, I could feel everyone's eyes on me now, but I didn't dare to open mine, too scared of how much more control I would lose if I did.