Chapter Five

-Adam's POV-

They knew.

I knew they knew.

They didn't have to tell me; I could see it in their silent glances.

My pack knew Kaden was my mate.

I guess me constantly staring at him didn't help my case, but none of them dared to say anything about it, that's why they were so eager to agree to hanging out tonight.

They were trying to be my wingmen, I tried not to be bothered by the fact, I knew they cared and were just trying to help, but my pride wouldn't let me admit I needed any.

I could do this on my own, but Kaden was so confusing, I could never tell what he was thinking, he was a completely closed book and he seemed to know it.

However, he was so polite and... professional? Almost business like, in fact he spoke similar to how I would to my pack, with confidence, knowledge and authority.

Perhaps he was born into a family of businessmen and women. It was killing me how little I knew about him, I would have to change that, but something told me that wouldn't be easy, maybe I would have to get some information from Adrian instead.

He talked a lot, mostly about Zach, but maybe I could sway the conversation towards Kaden if I tried.

I knew I had to do something to get closer to him, but wooing a human mate was never easy, especially when I didn't even know his sexuality. Obviously, he's not straight, or he wouldn't be my mate, but did he know that?

Damn it, I guess I would have to wait until tonight to find out more.

*

-Kaden's POV-

I walked along with Adrian towards our lockers, him singing happily beside me as I sighed in relief, happy to be done with school for the day.

Zach, Cameron, and Gabe were all waiting for us there, and Adrian eagerly moved over to his keeper, pulling him into his arms.

After shoving what I didn't need into my locker, I joined Gabriel and Cameron to give the two lovers some space.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" I asked, ignoring the looks I received at the obvious fact that I hadn't been listening during lunch, neither of them willing to speak their thoughts to me and instead Gabe answered the question.

"We're gonna meet at the bowling alley at five, play a few games and then go to Adrian's to play video games and order pizza," he explained, and I nodded as I actually listened this time.

"Adrian's? Is his aunt and uncle out?" I asked, sceptical.

"We're not sure, but I don't have any gaming devices at mine and the guys said their house is usually always packed," Gabriel explained.

"House? Singular?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, apparently they have a big house they all live in or something," Gabriel shrugged, disinterested, but all I could think was how the hell am I supposed to know who it is when they're always together? They even share the same house, just how close were these guys?

"You could come to mine," I then suggested, knowing my house here doesn't get much use, but there was a console there and Adrian could always bring over some games if the ones I have aren't to their fancy.

"Really? We didn't think you'd want everyone crowding round in there, so we didn't even suggest it," Cameron asked in surprise, and I shrugged.

"May as well use it for something," I simply said as Adrian and Zach joined us.