S2 EP1: Old Friends

"Don't leave me!"

When people are young, some of the saddest moments occur for them. Whether it may be the hardship of losing a loved one or the simple thought of moving from your friends, life never goes the way you way people want it. The world isn't perfect and trouble is abound to occur at some turn or another.

It's the same for a kid named Rio. In his first life his friend, Ayase Miharu, was as close as could be! Then one day, Rio's parents got divorced and he was forced to leave her behind, even though he promised to come back for her.

That day never came...

Now, Rio was standing in the presence of his old childhood friend in the flesh! Somehow, Rio's old friend was in this new world and somehow at the worst time possible. "So, what are your names?" He asked the three new girls, even though Rio had a fairly good idea. 

"My name is Ayase Miharu." the old friend told Rio. "And these are my friends Aki and Masato. We don't exactly know where we are... so sorry about that." Ayase sounded a little scared, which reminded Rip of his old friend a lot.

Rio decided to look over at the other two. One was his half sister, Aki, who he was just starting to remember. The other was someone Rio didn't recognize, a boy. He was a little more ski-dish than the rest, which surprised Rio. "Well, we may have to take them with us back to the Demi-beast village. 

"So that's where we're going?" Celia asked, excitedly. "What's it like there? You've only told me a bit about it so I want to see everything!" Rio smiled at his old professor and the fact she seemed to be cheering up a little.

"Yes, that's where we are going. Right now, I'm a wanted criminal if there ever was one. So, I think the safest place for us to stay for the time being is there. I have some friends as well as my adopted sister who live there."

"So, is your sister a Demi-beast?" Aki asked him. Rio nodded and told the group of the village and his time spent there. They all watched with mesmerized eyes and seemed eager to go stay.

"So when are going to head there?" Celia asked. "Right now, were just sitting in a forest and the soldiers and other search party members could be here at any time!" Celia did have a point, but Rio was too worried about all of this that he felt leaving immediately would be a bad idea.

"When do you think would be appropriate, Aisha?" Rio asked.

The spirit was looking off into the sun and hadn't been very chatty since they had made camp. "Due to the number of guards on our tail, we should leave soon. However, leaving at almost night wouldn't work either. So, I suggest we make departure in the morning and from there head to the village."

"And how long is this journey going to take?" Ayase asked.

"About two days if we fly and six if we walk as we have been doing." Aisha said. "We could have me fly you guys and limit the time spent if you would like. What would you have us do, Haruto?"

"No! No saying that same, Aisha! It's Rio!" Rio almost lost his mind as he knew the three newcomers would be skeptical of that name. He needed to kept that a secret for now. "And I think if these three want to fly, we should." The three of the newcomers nodded their head in agreement to flight which relieved Rio.

"How do you plan to fly us?" Masato asked, quietly. "Do you have some sort of plane?"

"What's a plane?" Celia asked.

"Don't worry about it." Rio said, trying to imply that it was from their world of Japan. "Anyway, no we don't have a plane. We have magic that flies us..."

"Magic! That's so cool!" Aki implied. "So your going to help us fly by using magic?"

"Not just me." Rio said. "Aisha, could you help these three get there and I'll carry Celia on my back?" Aisha nodded and so the group made their plans and headed to bed.

"A long day awaits us tomorrow."

********************************************************************************

"Morning, Rio!" Rio opened his eyes to find himself being shook by Celia. It took Rio a minute to figure out what was happening, but he finally was able to pull himself together.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Rio asked her.

Celia nodded. "Ayase, Aki, and Masato are waiting with Aisha outside. Now all we did is you to get ready, sleepyhead!" Rio was happy that Celia was back to her old self, but sometimes it could be a little patronizing.

Rio sat up and stretched as Celia exited the rock house. Getting out of his sleeping arrangement, Rio put the house back in his wrist cuff and put Celia on his back. "Were only two days from the village and my little sister! I wonder what Celia and the others will think of them all? Or what the village will think of my new group..."

"It will be fine, Haruto." Aisha told him, telepathically. "I'm sure the village will accept them like they have with you and me."  Rio wanted to believe Aisha, but the situation they were in wasn't exactly an easy one...

For two days, the six in the group traveled across many lands to reach the Demi-Beast village. They traveled across mountains, volcanoes, and even the frigid ice to reach Rio's new home. Rio could only imagine the greeting they would give him this time.

"Were almost there, Rio." Aisha told him. "The great tree is just up ahead."

Rio looked off into the distance and noticed the huge tree that overlooked the village. They were so close and refuge was in their hands. "I've come this far and it's finally going to pay off!" 

"Everyone, prepare to land and see some... different stuff." Rio said, politely. "Because we're finally here!"