27

—Jade's POV—
"Jade!" Tommy said wrapping his arms around me and picking me up "Tommy!"  I squealed.

I said hi to everyone else then I got to the last person.

"Hey Jade" Nikki said wrapping his arms around my waist "Nikki" I said barley wrapping my arms around him "I missed you" he mumbled so only I could hear him.

"I missed you too Nik" I said.

"So your back?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded "yeah"

"For good?"

"For Good" I pulled away and smiled at him so I could see his face.....is it bad that I just wanted to grab his face and kiss him?

"Hey...uh can we talk?" He asked

"Babe! Hey I hope we're not late for the party" I heard a voice behind me.

"We can talk later ok? I promise, I wanna catch up" I said.

—Nikki's POV—
I just wanted to hold her in my arms forever. It felt so good to have her back.

"Babe! Hey I hope we're not late for the party" a voice said. Jade turned around and she planted a kiss on Duffs lips.

You have got to be joking.

————————

"I don't know man. I know Jade kept saying Duff would visit her in Paris"

"Your fucking with me! I could've done that shit" I shouted.

"We'll then why didn't you?" Vince said making me roll my eyes "I didn't think about that dib shit" I yelled.

"I bet they last a few months tops, you'll get her back man!" Tommy said playfully punching my arm in an uplifting manner "she wouldn't stop talking about how much she loved and missed you, even when her and Duff were dating" Tommy said.

"And if I don't get her back?" I mumbled lowly not wanting to think that could actually happen "and if you don't.....then that's that....but it'll work out" Tommy said but his voice was unsure.

—Jade's POV—
I looked at myself in the mirror of the bathroom, I touched up my makeup so it look like I hadn't been crying.

There was a knock on the door and my head snapped to the door. I walked over to open it and was surprised to see Nikki.

"Sorry I was just getting out" I mumbled but he lightly pushed me inside and shut the door, locking it behind him.

It was silent for a moment before I spoke up "Nikki-"

"Do you love him?" He asked turning towards me looking my in the eyes. His eyes trailed all over my body the back to my face.

"No....." but that was a lie, I loved him just not in the same way. I have always loved Duff but in more of a friend way "not the way I loved you....." I grabbed his hand and held it in mine "never like I love you," I said truthfully. I could never love anyone the same way I loved Nikki.

"Do you love Vanity?" I asked. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Come on Jade, you know I don't, you know I only like the drugs" he said but then his face went to immediate regret.

He got up from leaning on the sink and gently put his hand on the side of my face. He leaned in and kissed me softly.

After a moment he pulled away and bit his lip. He looked at the wall, then into my eyes, and back at my lips. He leaned in again kissing me before he pulled away again.

He walked out mumbling something that I didn't hear making me roll my eyes, I felt my eyes start to water but quickly blinked the tears away before I walked out the room.

"I'm so glad your back" Duff said pulling away from my lips as we both gasped for air.

Currently I was staying at my brothers place until I could get an apartment, but tonight duff thought it would be a good idea if I stayed at his.

"Me too" I said as he started kissing down my neck.

I closed my eyes a bit my lip imaging that the man on me was Nikki. He started sucking on the sweet spot of my neck making me let out a moan.

"N-Duff" I said mentally cussing myself out for almost letting Nikki's name slip out of my mouth, but he didn't seem to notice. Duff picked me up and carried me to the bedroom without breaking the kiss. I liked Duff, I just wished it was someone else.

Later that night I was smoking a cigarette on the balcony watching the cars go by and the people walking in the night time of LA. I loved people watching, it was always fun to me.

Someone cleared their throat and I turned around to see Duff standing there with a bottle of vodka making me smile.

I took the bottle and took a swing as he stood next to me joining me on my people watching.

I could feel Duffs eyes on my body and face just looking at me. I turned and immediately made eye contact with him. I put my hand up and ruffled his hair. I set the bottle down on the outside table and wrapped my arms around his neck. You could hear the music blasting from the various clubs, bars, strip clubs, and who knows what else from outside the apartment.

"Dance with me" I whispered resting my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me as we swayed. He put two fingers on my chin making me look up at him. He kissed me softly as we swayed. I pulled back and rested my chin on his shoulder.

I was thinking about anything and everything and I just knew that whatever was going on with Duff and me wouldn't last and even if me and Nikki were over for good maybe I could find it in my heart to love someone else, which seemed impossible at this moment but other people have done it. I mean mostly everyone feels this way after a breakup.

Nikki probably didn't even care anymore, sure after what happened today you might not think that but he had heroin and cocaine and Vanity and the band and many other things, but if I were being honest I just wanted him to care. I wanted him back.

—Duff's POV—

I felt like the man of the hour. I had the prettiest and sexiest girl in my arms sound asleep in my bed. A lot of people wanted her but who got her? Me. I knew Nikki was gonna screw up some way, and I wasn't clueless. I knew Jade still loved Nikki and Nikki still loved Jade but for now I could just pretend that maybe, even for a little bit, that she liked me too.