Back to the leaf!

Start from the beginning

"Yeah they are." Naruto looked at his feet. "Is mom or dad here?" Yui shook her head, "No, Dad's helping the Hokage with some things and Mom is training a few new Anbu for Shikaku."

"Hn." Naruto grabbed some new arrows and his yumi, "I'm gunna go practice." Watching her brother full of worry, Yui let him go into their training area.

Arriving at the Hokage's office, Kakashi walked in to see him and Kenshi discussing defense, "Oh Kakashi. Your back."

"Yes Lord Hokage. I turned in my report but thought I'd fill you in on the mission details in person." Hiruzen nodded before lighting his pipe.

Kakashi filled him and Kenshi on the events in wave. From the first fight, to the finishing blows to both Zabuza and his apprentice. Both men listened intently. Kenshi shuddered at hearing his son activating the Nine-Tails power.

"Naruto has been having troubles since he killed the hunter Nin." Kenshi nodded, "We all remember our first kill. I had hoped he wouldn't have to live with this so soon."

Letting out a sigh Kakashi look at the two older men, "With how the mission went, I'm honestly glad my team were so effective together." Hiruzen let out smoke before he responded, "Yes. They seem to be a great team. I don't know another team that would have come back in one piece from that mission."

"I will go and see Naruto. I'll be there for him." Kakashi nodded, "Thank you Kenshi. Also I would like to have Asuma come over tomorrow to help train him in wind chakra."

"Oh he has a wind element! Wonderful, I was curious. I assumed lightning because of Minato!" Kenshi's excitement made Hiruzen chuckled, "He really gets his energy from you."

Laughing Kenshi nodded, "Yes but his protectiveness comes from Sara." Bowing to Kakashi and Hiruzen, "Well goodbye my friends. I will take care of Naruto."

Naruto fired arrow after arrow into targets. Each time seeing the face of that boy. Naruto doesn't even know his name. Yui and Sara watched as he ignored any attempts to get his attention.

"You should have given up. Now after I finish this fight I'll have to help Zabuza finish off your friend." Naruto pulled back his last arrow. Eyes turning into slits, he screamed as orange chakra surrounded him. Giving the arrow insane power it completely destroyed the target and the tree directly behind it.

Falling to his knees, he started crying. Feeling a hand on his shoulder he looked up to see Kenshi. Jumping into his dad's arms he broke down. "I'm sorry Naruto do you want to talk about it?"

Nodding he looked at his sister and mom, "Shikamaru and I were by ourselves when they attacked us to get the bridge builder. I got separated fighting an ice hunter Nin. He said he was gunna go help his boss kill Shika and something snapped."

"It's natural to want to protect the ones we care about Naruto." He started to tremble, "I killed him though. He wasnt much older then me."

"Life of a Shinobi isn't easy. You will kill many more times before your career is over Naruto. It won't ever be easy, but you will get used to it."

"Now come on. We will eat then you are going to bed. Tomorrow Kakashi is bringing over a guest to help you with your wind release." Naruto nodded and made his way past Sara and Yui.

"Will he be okay?" Yui looked at the door he had just walked through. His dad nodded, "Yes. I'm worried about the Kyuubi chakra but yes he will."

Instead of nightmares of the fight in the wave. Naruto found himself standing in front of Kurama. "Hey furball! It's been awhile!"

"Damn it brat. I see you used my chakra." Naruto nodded, "I don't understand I thought you weren't going to let me use it?"

Kurama huffed, "I hadn't planned on it. However when I felt your heart break at the loss of that boy. I couldn't stop myself."