"It's yucky." He complained before being taken back in to mother's hold.

"All medicine is kid" he said and went to some herbs." I'll make some more, and miss CQ be sure to notify me if it by chance gets worse."

" I will, thank you Diavolo," we where ready to leave before he stopped us.

"Oh almost forgot, put this cream on the little ones chest, it'll help with the cough and heavy breathing." He handed mom a bottle.

With that being done we went to a room me and brother shared. When mom layed him down I sat next to him and watched as she started to take off brothers shirt and take off the necklace.

" Can I keep it on? I don't want to loose it." He asked.

"Of course," she said with a smile." Just lift it so I don't smudge it with the medicine." Geno did as she said and mom put the cream on his chest.

" It's smells bad" he complained and I agreed while covering my nose hole.

" I know, but it's so you get better." She finished and put on a different shirt." There, now sleep well dear, you need the rest to get better quicker."

"Right! Hey mom do you believe in mermaids?"

She thought a bit." I don't see why they couldn't exist, many people, especially sailors believe in them, some even claim to have seen one!" She said with a smile.

"$-Ş€ėn øNę?"

" Yes, they say that a mermaid is a beautiful creature of the sea with the top body of a man or woman and bottom one of a fish. Their scales are described to be in all sorts of beautiful colors as they sing songs to the wind."

"𐌀𝚛Ҽ𝟆'ꞎ ጣҼ𝚛-M3Rጣ𝞉ΐᵭꗟ ꞎんҼ 𝜃𝟆Ҽꗟ W-🝃ん𝜃 ꗟΐ𝟆ꝅ ꗟんΐཥꗟ 𝞉𝟆ᵭ ℓህ𝚛Ҽ ΐ𝟆 ꗟ𝞉ΐℓ𝜃𝚛ꗟ?"

" That would be a siren dear, a more dangerous subspecies of mermaid." She patted my head.

"How do you tell them apart?" Brother asked curiously.

Mom thought a bit." Well it's quite tough since not many have seen them and lived. But I guess there's a difference in their behaviour, a mermaid would rather hide from us while a siren would attack, maybe there could also be a different in appearance? A mermaids scale is said to be colorful and eye-catching, so maybe a sirens is darker for better blending in."

"So are sirens bad?" Brother seemed to be concerned.

Mother once again thought." I don't think so. I think they are just territorial. After all we are technically invading their land or rather water." She laughed." You don't think an animal or man is evil for protecting their home, same should be applied to them. If you show that you are friendly and harmless, they may not attack."

"You could even become friends with them!-cough--cough-" he said with smile seeming relieved before going in to a coughing fit.

"I don't see why not." She said and tucked him in." Now you need to rest." She gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"Ok.." he said and closed his eyes and not long fell asleep.

" Error do you want to stay here and watch over Geno?" She looked at me and I nodded."Alright, would you like a story?"

"¥-y£$.."

"Alright, what would you like to hear?"
-------------------------------
.
.
.