Chapter 15: What Lies Beneath

AN: In this chapter, Yin's alter does get a name, but that comes after the fight as she didn't name herself and Yin never gave her one (until, like I said, after the Y v Y fight). Therefore, until the name is given in the chapter, the alter will be referred to as 'Yin' (with the apostrophes), Dark Yin, or some variation indicating the difference. Just wanted to clarify.

Also, Yin's alter is rather crass and vulgar as well as generally more aggressive. Just a heads up.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just about everyone could see both of the lights flare to life from two separate sides of the battlefield. Keyleth's miniature sun had the most immediate effect.

Vax had Vex pinned to the ground with a knife to her throat, but Sylas's enthrallment immediately wore off. Taking advantage, Vex threw him off and pinned him before punching him in the face twice.

"Please don't make me do this brother!" she begged, hitting him with a third punch.

"Fuck!" Vax grunted in pain, looking up at his sister, "Vex, is that y—"

His question was cut off by a right hook from Vex as she kept punching him.

"Would you stop hitting me?!" he shouted. Finally, she halted her blows, realizing that her brother had come back to her.

Vex began sobbing uncontrollably and wrapped Vax in a bear hug, crying, "Don't you ever do that to me again. I was ready to kill you just now!"

Vax just chuckled weakly, "Yeah, my face believes you..."

Over with Pike, Delilah's magic was faltering. The gnome paladin finally brushed the bolts aside, dispelling her shield.

"My turn," Pike said.

Thrusting her hands forward, she fired a massive Kamehameha of holy energy at Delilah. The sorceress attempted to Mach it with her dark magic, but it wasn't enough.

Behind Pike, the silencing effect finally wore off on Scanlan.

"Oh, Pike!" he shouted joyously at his freedom, "Oh, thank God that's over."

Further up on the Ziggurat, Sylas brandished Craven Edged as he glared at Keyleth. He declared, "I'll take care of this, darling."

However, as he jumped to strike the druid down, a boulder flew into his path. Sylas slashed it in half, but as he crashed to the ground, he recognized the perpetrator.

"Ah, we meet again," he smirked as Grog Strongjaw strode forward with axe in hand.

The goliath brandished his weapon, "How's about you and me go for a rematch?"

"Not tired of losing to me, oaf?"

The two charged each other and began to fight once more. Just as before, Sylas leveraged his superior speed to slice up Grog before the barbarian could retaliate, using the blood to strengthen his sword.

Grog began a mighty swing of his axe towards Sylas' neck, but the vampire's eyes glowed yellow as he began to enthrall the goliath and stopped the attack in its path.